Community Director - COMMU005897-00001
Los Angeles, CA
The Community Director (Non-Exempt) is fully accountable for all day-to-day operations of a typically small asset/property (totaling less than 300 units and managing a staff of up to 5 Full-Time Employees (FTEs)). Responsibilities include overseeing and enhancing the value of the property(ies)/asset(s), and managing the asset(s) to meet the Client’s expressed operational and financial goals. Will supervise all on-site staff.
- On-call required
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar leadership role, preferably within Residential Property Management.
- High School diploma or equivalency certificate required. College degree in a relatable field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in the field of property management.
- Certification or designation from an accredited organization, preferred (ARM, CAM, CAPS, COS, CPM, MPM, RMP, etc.).
- Valid Driver's License, a good driving record, current motor vehicle insurance which meets State requirements, and an operable vehicle that meets FPI’s Driving Standards and Personal Vehicle Use policy.
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Google Apps, property management-related software, email, internet).
Additional requirements for Affordable Housing properties:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience with affordable housing programs including but not limited to: LIHTC, HUD programs (Project Based Section 8, Section 236, PRAC, 811 PRA), USDA-Rural Development (515), HCD, HOME Funds and Bonds.
- Affordable Housing Accreditation (e.g.: HCCP, HCP-E, COS, BOS, TCS, CPO) or other applicable designations in affordable programs.
- Embracing and exemplifying our HEART core values and incorporating them into every task performed and every interaction with clients, supervisors, team members, colleagues, residents, vendors, etc..
- Positive influencing, interpersonal and communication skills are essential as a leader and mentor to your team.
Why look at FPI for your next career step? We are one of the largest third-party 100% fee-managed Property Management companies in the nation, an industry leader in both the Conventional and Affordable Housing spaces, managing over 850 communities (~150,000 units) across the country, and employ ~3,500 team members. We offer comprehensive compensation and benefits packages (employee-only employer paid plan available), on-going training, and plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Come join Team FPI!
FPI Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. FPI Management participates in the E-Verify program.
- 1 year(s): Residential Property Management
- High School/GED or better in Other
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Valid Drivers License
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Drive
- Adobe Acrobat
- Google Mail (GMail)
- Internet Use
- Basic Computer Skills
- Customer Service