Santa Maria, CA
Cirrus Asset Management has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician position in Santa Maria, CA. The ideal candidate must be results-oriented, with a proven track record and a minimum of 2 years of Property Maintenance experience.
Individuals must have experience in all trades and be very customer service-focused. Driving will be required, as this person will be working at various properties within a 2-2.3 mile radius. Some duties will include cleaning grounds, offices, and common areas, completing maintenance service requests, appliance repairs, painting, plumbing repairs, apartment turnovers, renovations, taking emergency calls, and more!
Responsible for residential maintenance (plumbing, electrical, etc) general repairs, apartment rehabs, and other related activities in apartment units. Meeting/scheduling and confirming tasks with vendors.
- Maintains buildings and related structures by applying maintenance techniques and using tools to alter, repair, and install walls, stairs, floors, ceilings, windows, doors, roofs, gutters, locks, air-conditioners, appliances, etc.
- Inspects apartment units and buildings needing repair or alterations
- Preparing surfaces for plaster or cement work; studding, wiring, and plastering walls and cracks in floors or around windows
- Measures, saws, levels, nails wood, and other building materials
- Installs tile, insulation, acoustical ceilings, cabinets, siding, plaster, drywall, electrical fixtures...etc
- Cleans the properties by picking up trash, washing floors and decks, windows, etc.
- Performs additional tasks as required
- Must have good customer service skills
- Replacing/installing residential appliances
- Repair plumbing/electrical issues
EDUCATION: High School graduate or equivalent. Trade school, technical or vocational certification in carpentry or construction a plus. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years in all residential construction and maintenance phases.
- Knowledge of residential construction and remodeling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools, and equipment
- Knowledge of material, specifications, quality control, cost control
- Knowledge of safety procedures and equipment
- Ability to organize assigned tasks and complete relevant paperwork
Salary is based on experience. Starts at $19.00 an hour.