Horizon Management Services
Top Workplace 2019 - 2022! #1 in the past two years. What makes us stand apart...our employees say Top 5%:
- Employee Appreciation
- Supportive Managers
- Meaningful Work
- Strong Values
Our Property Managers are critical to the overall operations of our properties. This position is located at Fortitude and The Wheatley apartments in Milwaukee, WI. We offer a strong PTO program (9 holidays and 17 other PTO hours as start). We offer rich benefit plans for health, dental, vision, life and other supplemental insurances such as pet and cancer/critical illness.
- Oversee the general harmony and community atmosphere among residents. Report any alarming situations or changes in status to the Regional Manager.
- Enforce rules and regulations of the property.
- Follow up with residents in regard to maintenance requests/repairs as necessary
- Be aware of all outside contractors and vendors performing service at property and report outcome to the Regional Manager.
- Office hours will be determined to meet the business needs and may vary.
- Check voice mail, faxes, and emails during office hours and respond within same day or 24 hours during the normal business week.
- Answer property cell phone during normal business hours (may be outside of office hours).
- Facilitate resident meetings (frequency may vary).
- Retrieve laundry money on a monthly basis if required.
- Submit petty cash form and receipts monthly for reimbursement.
- Manage petty cash, as outlined in Policy & Procedure Manual.
- Organize social committees. Plan and implement programs and services and related monthly social/activity calendars, including flyers, etc. per HMS requirements.
- Participate in and/or host community and HMS events for your property.
Housekeeping and light maintenance
- Ensure vacant apartments are maintained in show ready condition. Ensure curb appeal.
Leasing and Marketing
- Follow marketing plan as established each year and as revised due to occupancy levels.
- Assume responsibility for achieving consistent 100% occupancy
- Abide by all Fair Housing Laws.
- Some duties may occur outside of the normal week-day work hours due to needs of the building
- Outreach marketing in the community per the property Marketing Plan.
- Ensure all prospects are entered into Onesite, follow-up is completed, and wait list is maintained.
- Depending on prospect activity and occupancy status, open house events may be required. This may occur on weekends.
- Conduct tours for prospects. This may occur on weekends or evenings.
- Conduct confidential application interviews following Horizon Management Services Inc. rental policies and procedures. Forward complete application to corporate office for processing.
- Conduct lease signings in accordance with Horizon rental policies and procedures.
- Conduct move-in orientations with each new resident.
- Complete required paperwork and forward to corporate office.
- Notify Compliance Department of any unusual situations or breach in policies as they occur.
- Complete all documentation and reports as required, and submit to corporate office as outlined in Policy & Procedure Manual.
- Perform leasing and compliance functions in accordance with Horizon's policies and regulations.
- Prior property management experience preferred
- Prior customer service, leadership and management experience
Knowledge & Skills:- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to manage conflict resolution issues
- Ability to work light maintenance and repairs, if required at property
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally