NEW ADC, LLC
INTRODUCTION: The purpose of this position description is to communicate many of the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of Resident Representative. While the information is comprehensive, it is noted some of the responsibilities and duties may not be addressed. Also, the designated duties will take into consideration the Resident Representative's skills, experience and career goals. Altman Management Company operates with a Team Approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company goals and objectives. As it is the company's philosophy to promote from within whenever possible, it is recommended each associate familiarize themselves with the duties and responsibilities of those positions directly above and around their own. This position description does not constitute an employment contract between AMC and any associate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Scheduled work days may vary. Position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis.
- Standard hours of operation per the assigned location. Overtime hours when required due to variable conditions such as staffing, workload, or emergencies.
- Position requires individuals to operate their own or a vehicle provided by the property to transport prospective residents on the property. Person must be able to drive without jeopardizing the safety of prospects, residents or fellow associates.
- Position requires purchasing and wearing company specified uniforms and/or accessories to be paid for by the associate.
- Lease apartments and aggressively sell the products and services of the property to which they are assigned. Develop, refine and effectively implement excellent telephone and personal sales skills--specifically, to respond to site visit or telephone inquiries, conduct site tours, effectively sell to prospects and lease apartments. Work to optimize occupancy while maximizing effective lease rent. Site tours include, but are not limited to, showing and transporting the prospect around the property in order to show the prospect all property amenities, model apartments, and available apartments.
- Work with the property management staff to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies. Increase property traffic levels, maintain closing ratios and work to achieve and exceed budgeted occupancy percentages.
- Prepare all lease related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Explain all lease documents to new and existing residents. Ensure all documents are correctly and completely filled in and signed prior to resident move-in.
- Follow established policy and procedures in the qualification, screening and acceptance of applicants for residency.
- Assist with managing the day-to-day operation of the apartment-home community. Work with property manager to ensure apartments are ready for move-in and are maintained in a satisfactory manner. Assume responsibility for property operations when scheduling results in the Resident Representative being the senior management staff person on site.
- Maintain AMC customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize and resolve resident problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issues are resolved.
- Deliver resident gifts, inspect units in a timely manner to ensure units are ready and assist with planning and hosting of resident functions.
- Follow the property lease renewal program. Maximize resident renewals.
- Participate in company training classes, meetings and activities, as required.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with residents, other associates, vendors and supervisors in written and verbal form.
- Adhere to AMC safety programs, policies and procedures. Promote safe work practices among on-site staff. Ensure all claims of damage, and reports of unusual incidents or accidents which could pose a liability to the property, are promptly reported to the property manager.
- Perform thorough move-out inspections, when designated to do so. Photograph any items which will require claims against a resident's security deposit.
- Transport funds to the bank, as required by supervisor.
- All other duties assigned by your supervisor.
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. The position requires the ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English, and the ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
No previous Resident Representative experience required; however, one-two years previous experience in a leasing, hospitality or sales-related field is desirable.
The position requires the ability to effectively communicate with people and put them at ease quickly. The following additional skills are required:
A valid driver's license and current automobile insurance.
Generally, no prior training is required. However satisfactory completion of in-house training in leasing, computers and property management is generally required within the first ninety days of employment.
- Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of day. Estimate 60% of time is spent on feet and 40% sitting at a desk. Frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting and presenting the property.
- Have frequent need (50% to 75% of time) to perform the following physical activities:
- Pick up litter, file
- climb stairs - Show and inspect property
- push or pull - Show and inspect property, close doors and cabinets
- reach above shoulders
- Inspect property, store supplies
- Constant need (75% to 100% of time) to perform the following physical activities:
- finger dexterity - Operation of office equipment
- Lifting/carrying (paperwork, deliveries, books, files, misc.)
- over 25 lb. Rare need (less than 1% of time)
- between 10-15 lb. Occasional need (1% to 25% of time)
- less than 10 lb. Frequent need (50% to 75% of time)
Constant need (75% to 100% of time) to complete forms, read and review leases and reports, wide variety of correspondence, view computer screen. Frequent need to see small detail.
Constant need (75% to 100% of time) to communicate over telephone and in person with prospects, residents, corporate staff and vendors.