Housing Finance Analyst - Range 1
Classification: Represented by SHRA Employee Association
To finance, assist in the development of, and establish programs and policies that provide affordable housing and neighborhood revitalization
Candidates who most closely match the education and experience requirements may be invited to the Oral Exam for this classification. Candidates must successfully pass the oral exam in order to be placed on the eligible list for this classification. Candidates may be required to bring a copy of a cash flow statement that they have completed and present it to the panel as part of the examination.
Through a variety of funding sources, the Development Department finances affordable housing developers to preserve and develop multifamily affordable housing in the City and County of Sacramento. In addition, the department works collaboratively with the City and County on the development and implementation of housing policy, including the City's and County's inclusionary housing programs and initiatives. This position will assume the duties outlined in the Job Description and will have responsibility for the housing finance data systems, internal and external reporting, GIS mapping, and assisting with housing policy research.
Essential Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop housing finance programs that provide multifamily affordable housing and/or revitalize older deteriorated neighborhoods
• Seek funding from private and public entities to further leverage use of Agency funds and development objectives
• Undertake market studies and gather other relevant information on effective housing programs and financing
Project Implementation and Management
• Lead or participate in project teams for major housing developments or programs
• Manage contracting and performance of development-related entities (engineers, architects etc. ) for major projects
• Review applications for loan and grant financing and bond issuances leading to funding recommendations
• Complete financial analysis and risk assessments consistent with Agency underwriting policies and program guidelines
• Prepare proposals for developer selection and other required consultants, including bond counsel and bond underwriters
• Prepare reports and recommendations for governing board approval
• Prepare and review Agency loan and bond documents
• Coordinate intra-Agency communication with construction management and development staff to secure efficient project reviews
• Review complex legal documents related to Agency lending or guarantees
• Evaluate housing developments requesting financing under state or federal programs
• Organize, attend and coordinate meetings with developers, lenders and other related parties to communicate Agency programs and policies
Policy and Strategy Development
• Develop and articulate housing finance and development policies at local, state and federal levels
• Communicate Agency's positions at local, state and federal hearings
• Assist development staff in planning neighborhood strategies by providing technical expertise and project information
• Establish priority activities for Agency involvement and incorporation in Agency strategic plan
• Organize, attend and coordinate meetings with government officials to plan common strategies and policies for affordable housing finance and development
Housing Finance Analyst I:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Community Development, Urban Planning, Social Services, Business, Banking or related field AND
Experience:Minimum of one year experience in commercial real estate development, affordable housing, community planning, finance, or project delivery work in community development, redevelopment or similar organization.
As a condition of employment with SHRA, this employee will be required to complete a COVID-19 vaccination recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (including for emergency use) and provide proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department prior to employment.