DASMEN Residential is seeking to hire a full-time Property Manager. This position is fully accountable for all day-to-day property operations, overseeing and enhancing the value of the property. Property Manager must embrace the concepts of Level 5 Leadership, Group Responsibility and Servant Leadership.
Reports to: Regional Manager.
Wage Status: Exempt (ineligible for overtime).
- Demonstrate the ability to understand financial goals, operate asset in owners' best interest.
- Maintain accurate records of all property transactions and submit on timely basis (i.e., rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, etc).
- Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted and deposited in a timely manner.
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Ensure that A/P invoices are submitted to the corporate office for payment, handle petty cash and all funds.
- Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity.
- Utilize marketing strategies to secure prospective residents.
- Confirm that leasing staff techniques are effective in obtaining closing.
- Confirm that leasing staff gather information about market competition in the area and file.
- Continually monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc., to be able to give up-to-date and proper information when requested by others.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and input to System accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
- Lead emergency team for community. Ensure proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc).
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc).
- Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, emergency, etc).
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling, and leadership.
- Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
- Administer action plans consistently, and on a timely basis with performance problems. Document appropriately, communicate situation to supervisor, Human Resources Director, and terminate properly when necessary.
- Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, salary reviews, time sheets, change of status forms, etc.).
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis. This requires regular community inspections and tours.
- Assure quality and quantity of market ready apartments.
- Ensure that models and market ready apartments are walked daily and communicate any service related needs to maintenance.
- Ensure that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Property Manager required
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred.
- Yardi Voyager experience required.
- College degree preferred, high school diploma/GED required.
- Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Achieve Fair Housing certification prior to interaction with prospects or residents.
- Competence in personal computer skills, keyboard, internet search, math, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as community software applications.
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
Why You Should Work for DASMEN:
- Competitive salary & high bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Generous vacation and sick leave policy
- Extensive Paid Holidays
- Employee recognition and awards
- Free life insurance
- Short term disability
- Company-wide events
- A work family you can always rely on
- Employee Mentorship program
- Reimbursement program for industry schooling
- Employee housing discount
- Awarded Best Places to Work by multiple organizations
- Associate referral bonus
- Paid maternal and paternal leave
- Ongoing training
- Internal growth opportunities