Abode Services values safety, wellness, and respect for each other and for those who we serve. Because of this commitment Abode Services is mandating that all employees be vaccinated effective September 30, 2021.
Everyone deserves a home.
Abode Services’ mission is to end homelessness – doing whatever it takes to help those who need it most.
We are seeking an Occupancy Specialist to confirm all buildings' applicants and current residents are in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal occupancy requirements for initial certification. This role ensures all applicants for housing are fully qualified and manages the various waiting lists and access sources for the organization’s portfolio of housing. Further, the position assures all Property Managers are provided with applicants for housing and provides support necessary to ensure eligibility is maintained at each of our housing sites.
Note: This position is remote, but required to travel within the larger Bay Area to complete occupancy and compliance duties at housing sites.
Pay rate: $27.89 - $30.18 per hour
Benefits & Perks:
- 100% paid health, vision, and dental options
- 19 PTO days & 12 Holidays per year
- Voluntary benefits: FSA, EAP, Commuter Checks, Life Insurance, Legal, and more
- 3% retirement match/contribution
- Professional Development Trainings and Opportunities, Leadership Academy Programs, and All Staff Events
- Dynamic, mission-driven culture and supportive leadership. We support you in supporting others
- Serves as the primary contact person between various access and referral sources to ensure adequate qualified applicants are available for all portfolio vacancies.
- Facilitates and initiates the application process with referral sources for assigned properties and works collaboratively with Property Supervisors and the Director of Property Management to ensure Property Managers are provided with the support necessary to keep buildings fully occupied and in compliance with various local, state, and federal programs.
- Reviews and monitors changes to regulatory and reporting requirements of funders and governmental agencies for the organization’s portfolio of housing.
- Maintains and revises, as necessary, occupancy guidelines and protocols for each subsidy type and referral source.
- Provides information necessary to the Asset Manager to ensure timely completion of all occupancy related reports to regulatory agencies, investors, and partners.
- Reviews and approves all resident files for accuracy and compliance with rental amounts, income limits, utility allowances and specific project regulatory requirements, partnership agreements, and other program requirements for initial move-in.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working with tax credit and/or affordable housing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office related programs—specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working with tax credit and other affordable housing program rules and regulations.
- Experience with property management software (preferably YARDI).
- Valid and current Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) designation and/or Tax Credit Certification (TCS); or ability to successfully attain certification within six months’ of hire date.
- Reliable transportation along with a valid and current CA Driver’s License and insurance is required.
Abode Services is a CARF accredited organization that is committed to diversity and equity. We believe that we make better decisions and provide quality services when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. People of color make up nearly 70% of our workforce and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all backgrounds.