Porter Maintenance -Coachella Area $1000
Quality Management Group is committed to management of our properties with Precision and Care that leads to providing superior service to our clients, our residents and our team members. Quality Management Group is looking to fill a Porter Maintenance position working at two properties in the Coachella area. A $1000 sign on bonus will be given after successfully completing 90 days of employment.
The Porter/Maintenance Technician is responsible for:
- ·Maintaining the curb appeal of the community by daily cleaning of the property grounds and reporting to community manager any health and safety issues on the ground or in community
- Supporting maintenance technician and landscape efforts to maintain the community. May perform general maintenance support including detailed cleaning and apartment turns in accordance with company standards and leadership.
The Porter/Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or the Community Manager. The reporting hierarchy may also include management under a Senior Community Manager, Regional Manager, and Director of Operations.
- Responsible for maintaining all areas of the property in a safe, clean and attractive manner.
- Perform daily trash pickup throughout the property to ensure clean environment on days scheduled to work.
- Responsible for custodial work including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash and cleaning windows in all common areas.
- Moving and cleaning appliances; fixtures, toilets, ceiling fans, counters, floors, lights, windows, blinds, etc. in units and throughout the exterior of the property, as needed.
- Perform cleaning services in vacant units as directed.
- Responsible for identifying, documenting, and repairing health and safety risks on the property.
- Responsible for maintaining maintenance shop and storage areas in clean and organized manner, and property equipment in good conditions.
- Assist in the turning of vacant units prior to resident occupancy.
- Assist the Community Manager in annual apartment inspections
- Observe condition of apartment and reports any unusual circumstances. (That is, size and number of pets in occupied apartment, obvious violations of community rules, etc.)
- Observe condition of property in general and reports any unusual circumstances.
- Should be familiar with location of power, water and gas turnoff valves, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants on the property.
- Clean up thoroughly after performing work in an occupied or vacant apartment.
- Notify Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager, as directed, regarding any supplies or parts necessary to complete service requests.
- Follow company procedures regarding safety and emergencies.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of tools, equipment and supplies.
- Physically walk the property daily and removes litter, (garbage, cigarette butts, pet droppings, etc.) from the community grounds; Dumpster area(s), Laundry room(s), Mail room(s), Stairways and breezeways, Recreation areas. (playgrounds, sports courts, pool area, courtyard, etc.), Landscaping (grass areas, flower beds, bushes, trees, etc.), Walkways, Parking lots and driveways)
- Completely clean once a week or as needed by sweeping, vacuuming, moping, wiping down and dusting; Laundry room(s), Mail room(s) and leasing office, clubhouse, interior hallways and elevators.
- Daily wiping down and emptying of the trash of Laundry room(s), Mail room(s), Recreation area(s)
- Exterior lighting fixtures (reporting when out or non-working)
- Perform light "trash-out" duties at vacated apartments on an as needed basis and transfers to dumpster or storage area as directed.
- Distribute non-legal, resident communications to residents; e.g., upcoming events, pest control notices.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- ·Participation in all maintenance projects and training classes as directed.
- Comply with all aspects of Fair Housing and Harassment Awareness training and protocols in performance of all tasks and assignments.
- Maintain and be aware of safe work environment.
- Manage and submit personal time and expense on a weekly basis to Supervisor.
- Must possess a valid California Driver License
- Maintain positive relationships with internal departments.
- Authorized to work in the United States for any employer
- Respond to Supervisor on all resident complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Create a community of preservation and appeal based on clean and presentable environment that is consistent for our residents and noticeable to the community at large.
- Maintain a presentable and professional attire that is representative of the company standards by wearing the company issued Quality Management Group uniform.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor and or Community Manager with ongoing positive relationships with residents and external agencies as directed.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor and or Community Manager with various Resident Programs as directed
- ·Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include travel and overnight stays at locations away from the employee’s home.
- May be required to work at different locations.
- This position may require the availability to work some nights, weekends and occasional holidays based upon the needs of the community.
- Maintain organized company tools inventory related to performing general maintenance and facilities upkeep as outlined in Essential Skills
- Working onsite is an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as requested.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to be flexible, a team player and interface professionally with all levels of internal and external customers
- Clear communication both written and oral including diplomacy and discretion
- Must have a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to build external relationships while positively promoting the organization
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions
- Handle high stress situations effectively
- Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance
- A passion and strong understanding of our industry and our business mission
- Must be able to read and speak English in order to effectively communicate between the Community Management team, residents, and between co-workers and supervisors.
- Basic Math Skills
- Must have practical experience, working knowledge and ability to:
- Follow a daily cleaning list of all common areas and exterior
- Perform or assist in special cleaning initiatives
- Attribute urgency to more critical areas in need of cleaning
- Working knowledge regarding water and gas meter shutoffs and sewer cleanouts for common areas and individual units.
- Understand SDS protocols and procedures to maintain a safe working environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of EEO and fair housing policies; Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences and the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-fre