Director of Maintenance
SALARY PLUS QUARTERLY AND ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUSES!!
Founded in 1981, IEC has an exceptional 40-year track record and is rapidly acquiring new communities, offering growth opportunities to great team members. IEC is a vertically integrated private real estate investment firm based in the Bay Area specializing in value-add multifamily with properties in Washington and California. We focus on adding value through opportunistic investing, strategic repositioning, and effective property management.
Our property management company, IEC Property Services Corporation (“PSC”), strives to offer excellent customer service and care to residents while achieving property business plans. PSC is comprised of a team of 8 individuals with a combined experience of over 160 years and PSC was successful in achieving the Great Place to Work certification in 2021-2022.
IEC is looking for an energetic, skilled Director of Maintenance and Facilities to lead maintenance teams and initiatives throughout our portfolio of California & Washington apartment communities. The Director of Maintenance and Facilities will be responsible for driving best practices and processes, creating/revising/implementing a new process structure as it relates to safety, reoccurring maintenance, annual planning and budgeting to ensure our portfolio’s physical condition is well-maintained, satisfying ownership and management’s objectives. This role is very process oriented and will be responsible for implementing a Maintenance Manual, ensuring team training on policies and procedures, and confirming processes are maintained by all Maintenance personnel through proactive and routine site visits.
This position overseas all duties related to operations, grounds, custodial and reports to the President of Property Management out of our Brea, California office with required regular & routine travel to all our properties.
Our associates live and breathe our cultural pillars:
Integrity – We do what’s right
Grit – We believe perseverance and passion drives results
Commitment – We are as dedicated to our teams and achieving our goals
Teamwork – Together we can achieve more
Humility – We remain teachable, regardless of how much we may already know
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all maintenance and grounds-keeping operations
- Responsible for inventory control, vendor selection, contract administration, and training
- Implement standard training policies and procedures for IEC Maintenance Teams & other staff as needed, including safety training, skills courses, and other on-going education. Ensure standards are maintained.
- Work with the Maintenance Supervisors at all properties to ensure work orders, vacant unit turns and all health & safety concerns are addressed in an effective and timely manner
- Work closely with the Regional and Community Managers, discussing maintenance issues, problems, and solutions concerning their property.
- Conduct monthly inspections of all sites to ensure shops, OSHA, health & safety and organizational standards are satisfied and maintained. Document the results of each inspection for review
- Work with site teams to ensure adherence to property maintenance budgets
- Responsible for meeting property management work order closure and unit turn timelines
- Create/implement a preventive maintenance program at all properties to reduce costs
- Implement and control annual bid process for on-site/company-wide key categories
- Evaluate and give direction during maintenance emergency situations at the property level. Communicate situation and solutions to property management and asset management teams to ensure prompt resolution.
- Assist in due diligence of new property acquisitions to determine maintenance requirements
- Other projects as assigned
- Minimum 5 years multifamily maintenance supervisor experience required
- Certifications in HVAC, CPO, OSHA preferred
- Yardi experience preferred
- Excellent problem solving, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- A passion for creating and maintaining successful processes
- A self-starter with pro-active initiative
- Must work well with others
- Strong communication ability, both verbally and in writing. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, peers, vendors, and government agencies.
- Knowledgeable of laws pertaining to property management, (Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant Laws, OSHA, State, Local, etc.)
- Open to travel locally and regionally, including to Washington and Northern California
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
IEC offers a competitive compensation package, including but not limited to:
- Company paid healthcare premiums at 100%, specifically for the employee, with options to buy up
- 401(k) Plan, with 4% company match
- Flexible Spending/Health Savings Accounts
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance, specifically for the employee, with options to buy up
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Commuter Benefit
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year