San Rafael, CA
Position is for a full time (40 hours/week) Safety Manager to work in the corporate offices of EAH in San Rafael, CA. The Safety Manager leads and implements company-wide safety program in compliance with all applicable state and federal work safety regulations. Focuses on promoting a safe and healthy work environment and a company culture that prioritizes safety. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Human Resources, or equivalent combination of experience and education preferred. Bilingual English-Spanish a plus.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition MANAG002955 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under general supervision and acting on own initiative, the Safety & Occupational Health Manager leads and implements company-wide safety program in compliance with all applicable state and federal work safety regulations. Focuses on promoting a safe and healthy work environment and a company culture that prioritizes safety. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
IIPP Safety Training
- Administers an effective and pro-active company Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and its supporting policies, practices, and procedures for all EAH staff. Ensures programs are compliant with Title 8 California Code of Regulations, OSHA, Cal-Osha and all applicable state and federal work safety regulations.
- Focuses on accident prevention for residents as well as employees. Conducts regular site safety inspections.
- Notifies Resident Manager of New Employee Safety Training Orientation, notifies Property Supervisors when properties are delinquent.
- Creates Monthly Safety Training, tracks Quarterly Self-Inspection Checklist submissions, and notifies Property Supervisors when properties are delinquent.
- Conducts Worker Comp accident investigations and training, recommendations to the Safety Coordinator
- Revises and updates annual Cal OSHA safety training; Oversees and/or directly conducts training sessions.
Emergency Action Planning
- Administers Emergency Action Plans for onsite locations.
- Revises and updates Emergency Action Plan templates, safety policies and safe work procedures as directed by the Facilities Director. Safety and Risk Mitigation
- Ensures that Job Hazard/Risk Assessments are maintained for each job task.
- Works with insurance loss control consultant on recommendations for the elimination or mitigation of safety problems and follows through with Real Estate Management that identified hazards are addressed and communicated throughout portfolio to prevent recurrence. Works closely with Facilities team and onsite maintenance staff.
- Consults with loss control consultant to interpret any new regulations and safety codes and presents recommendations to Safety Policy Team (Director of Facilities, VP Operations, SVP Real Estate Management, SVP Human Resources). Updates policies and procedures in response. Creates communication plan to implement any changes and any associated tracking requirements
- Ensures that new employee safety orientations are conducted and that employees complete required safety training. Conducts trainings as needed.
- Works with Learning & Employee Development Managers to keep employee training and policy guidelines up to date and responsive to current hazards such as asbestos, biological growth, bloodborne pathogens and the like.
- Ensures that a timely root cause analysis (accident investigation) is conducted for every injury or close call reported, focusing on preventing future instances and not on blame. Conducts and/or monitors timely accident investigations, as needed.
- Consults with loss control when necessary to assist in strengthening EAH Safety Programs. Works with manager and HR team making sure management completes any safety-related employee disciplinary actions.
- Reviews and monitors injury reports, on-site monthly safety training and quarterly self-inspection checklist (hazard identification), safety grievance reports; develops and reviews statistics, and, by other means, evaluates the effectiveness of the existing safety program. Shares results with Safety Committee and department heads.
- Administers safety suggestion program and incentive program. Manager, Safety Lead Paint and Asbestos O&M Protocols
- Compile a central database of EAH managed sites identifying all sites impacted by Lead Paint and /or Asbestos to include environmental surveys and related documentation.
- Coordinate training with HR to ensure all site staff at sites with Lead Paint and /or Asbestos receive annual Awareness Training.
- Ensure hazardous waste manifests from transporters are received and filed with the appropriate EPA ID number.
High school diploma or GED. 3-5 years’ experience in occupational health and safety.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985