Senior Community Manager - Low Desert
Quality Management Group, Inc. is committed to management of our properties with Precision and Care that leads to providing superior service to our clients, our residents and our team members.
The Senior Community Manager is responsible for the overall supervision, administration, compliance and maintenance of up to a maximum of five (5) properties in the Lower Desert. The Senior Community Manager directs and controls all personnel on site and physical resources necessary to operate all aspects of the property. This position is exempt and is not remote.
The Senior Community Manager reports to the Director of Operations or a Regional Manager.
- Ensure resident files and Yardi data are maintained in accordance with Compliance and Property Management policies and regulations.
- Review, process and approve all resident notices pertaining to recertification.
- Maintain property waiting list
- Ensure applications for housing are processed
- Process annual re-certifications within established timelines.
- Complete all EHDOC; LIHTC and HUD required reports, including EIV, in a timely and accurate manner. Reports include, but are not limited to, HAP requests, Monthly Manager’s Report, weekly vacancy report, financial/deposit reports, etc.
- Conduct annual inspections of all units for Decent, Safe and Sanitary Conditions in accordance with EHDOC, LIHTC and HUD guidelines. Prepare a written report of inspection and file in resident file.
- Handle marketing and advertising for vacancies
- Ensure that all appropriate notices are remitted to residents in a timely manner and are completed and served within the requirements set forth in the lease.
- Visually inspect grounds, buildings and apartment units on a regular basis between inspections.
- Manage office supply inventory and work closely with Resident Services to ensure maintenance supplies are purchased in a timely manner and in accordance with the approved budget.
- Work cohesively with resident services staff to ensure vacancies turn times are met in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure work orders are processed in Yardi within established timelines.
- Maintain high occupancy levels by keeping informed of market conditions
- Understanding of competitive pricing, utilizing appropriate marketing sources
- Demonstrating the value in our communities to prospective and current residents
- Balance lease renewals and absorption of new residents to optimize revenue.
- Accurately account for and balance petty cash in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare deposits for banking and posts resident payments into Yardi within timelines established by management.
- Prepare management required month end reports.
- Manage account receivables and ensure past resident balance due receivables are turned over to collection agencies.
- Keeps resident ledgers accurate and works diligently with accounting to resolve any errors.
- Prepare annual budgets
- Train and be responsible for work performed by all staff members under his/her direction.
- Perform written evaluations of employees.
- Maintain accurate payroll records as required by the company. Review employee time cards on due date as well as commissions and/or bonus incentives; approve for payment within Payroll department deadlines
- Management of on-site office employees and/or maintenance employees, which includes: interviewing, timekeeping, performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain positive relationships with internal departments.
- Mentoring and training the teams
- Set goals and metrics with accountable strategies
- Respond to all resident complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Create a community of caring and excitement that is contagious for our residents and noticeable to the community at large.
- Designs, implements and manages appropriate resident programs and is responsible for their on-going success.
- Manage ongoing positive relationships with all City staff and other local representatives and social service providers.
- Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include travel and overnight stays at locations away from the employee’s home.
- Note that other duties outlined in the leasing position and/or assistant manager positions may have to be done by the Community Manager based on the staffing needs and size of the community.
- All references to compliance, affordability, tax credit, tenant selection plans, AFHM plans, etc. are for communities that have some type of affordability covenants and do not apply to market rate communities.
- This position may require the availability to work some nights, weekends and occasional holidays based upon the needs of the community.
- Other duties as requested.
- Must have a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to work with and understand persons of all ethnic and family backgrounds.
- Ability to build external relationships while positively promoting the organization.
- Must be organized and proficient at time management
- Proficient in English language in verbal and written communications
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions
- Handle high stress situations effectively
- Exhibit strong leadership skills
- The ability to both prioritize and delegate as needed
- Computer literacy in Outlook, Word, Excel and the Internet
- Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Minimum of a high school education or equivalent.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field preferred
- Minimum three to five years property management experience at the community manager level.
- Previous experience must include management responsibility for 100 or more units
- Minimum two years working in a customer service environment.
- Minimum three years Supervisory experience.
- Financial management – previous experience with property operating budgets, financial planning, analysis and tracking with solid financial results
- Yardi property management accounting software is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with affordable housing programs including but not limited to: LIHTC, HUD programs (Project Based Section 8, Section 236, PRAC, 811 PRA), USDA-Rural Development (515), HCD, HOME Funds and Bonds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 per year
Email your current resume to LindaA@QMGonline.com