Recertification Specialist Floater
Cathedral City, CA
Seeking a Recertification Specialist who loves accuracy and compliance just as much as they love helping others within Affordable Housing! You will work with us to maintain resident retention, and also renew recertification approvals for existing residents. A $1000 Sign On Bonus will be offered after 90 days of employment.
The Recertification Specialist is responsible for working directly with the Community Manager as pertains to:
- Leading the overall administration, compliance, and maintenance of the property, while striving to maintain 100% occupancy.
- Must assume proactive behavior and measures to properly represent Quality Management Group, Inc. and build relationships in the community.
The Recertification Specialist works as part of a team under the direction of the Community Manager to lease units and provide customer assistance. Must relate well to people, exercise good judgment and discretion in dealing with residents, vendors, and co-workers.
- Reviews all completed rental applications and leases for accuracy and completeness, and for conformance with the Resident Selection Policy
- Exercises common sense, good judgment, consistency, and self-control in day-to-day contact with Applicants and in other business-related matters.
- Processes, completes, and maintains accurate resident files at move-in within established regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains superb relationship with residents and adheres to Fair Housing Equal Employment and Equal Housing Opportunity requirements.
- Assist residents to complete and sign all papers for interim and annual recertification's according to regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures that residents are in compliance with their lease, rules, and regulations.
- Ensure resident files and Yardi data are maintained in accordance with Compliance and Property Management policies and regulations.
- Review, process and approve all resident notices pertaining to recertification.
- Assist in maintaining property waiting list in accordance with the properties’ Tenant Selection Plan.
- Process applications for housing in accordance with properties’ affordable housing covenants.
- Assist in processing annual re-certifications within established timelines.
- Assist in marketing and advertising for vacancies in accordance with properties’ Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan.
- Assist in ensuring that all appropriate notices are remitted to residents in a timely manner and are completed and served within the requirements set forth in the lease.
- Visually inspect grounds, buildings, and apartment units on a regular basis between annual inspections.
- Work cohesively with resident services staff to ensure vacancies turn times are met in accordance with company policy and that move-in dates are met.
- Work with the Community Manager to ensure work orders are processed in Yardi within established timelines.
- Assist in showing available units.
- Maintain general office and resident files.
- Take a proactive role in shopping the competition and marketing.
- Perform all aspects of apartment leasing such as assisting with the management of the wait list, touring with prospective residents, processing applications for compliance with multiple programs, and completing new resident orientation at the time of the move-in
- Maintain occupancy and program compliance by processing annual and interim recertification's in compliance with Quality Management Group guidelines, local, state, and federal regulations. The Recertification Specialist position takes the lead role on recertifications
- Manage resident correspondence and recertification notices
- Assist with annual or periodic unit inspections
- Review, prioritize, and distribute resident service requests
- Perform all duties while generating interest and enthusiasm about the property by creating an exceptional customer experience
- The Recertification Specialist prepares deposits for banking and posts resident payments into Yardi within timelines established by management.
- Keeps resident ledgers accurate and works diligently with accounting to resolve any errors.
- Assist Community Manager in preparing management required month end reports.
- Assist in annual budget preparation
- Maintain positive relationships with internal departments.
- Respond to all resident complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist residents always when requested.
- Create a community of caring and excitement that is contagious for our residents and noticeable to the community at large.
- Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include travel and overnight stays at locations away from the employee’s home.
- This position may require the availability to work some nights, weekends and occasional holidays based upon the needs of the community.
- Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity, and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Other duties as requested.
- Familiarity with the general management of subsidized housing programs.
- Relates well to people, exercises good judgment dealing with owners, employees, residents, visitors & vendors.
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to details, strong verbal, and written communication skills.
- Minimum two years’ experience in related housing, social services, or related field.
- Tax Credit Specialist, Recertification Specialist designations, HUD and/or equivalents required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Tax credit experience is a plus
- YARDI Property Management software experience
- Must have a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to work with and understand persons of all ethnic and family backgrounds.
- Proficient in English language in verbal and written communications
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions
- Handle high stress situations effectively
- The ability to both prioritize and delegate as needed
- Computer literacy in Outlook, Word, Excel, and the Internet
- High School degree or GED
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Superb attention to detail and a quick learner
- Minimum one to three years working in a position with comparable responsibilities.
- Basic math principles including the ability to work with a calculator
- Yardi property management accounting software is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- 5-7 hours of sitting, reading, and typing daily
- 1-3 hours of walking daily
- Operates Computer requiring the use of hands/fingers
- Occasional bending, reaching, kneeling and/or crouching
- Regular lifting of up to 30 pounds
- Occasional Climbing of Stairs
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
- Specific audio/verbal abilities include communication with residents, employees, vendors and owners both in pers