Wedgewood was established in 1985 to revitalize communities by restoring residential real estate utilizing a sustainable design approach. Almost forty years later, we have expanded from focusing solely on single-family homes into a multi-faceted company with a business footprint spanning 22 states. We believe in the value of ‘home,’ and our suite of complementary brands supports our goal of providing home ownership opportunities as well as creating exceptional tenant experiences within our apartment building communities. Wedgewood is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in Las Vegas and Dallas.
Why you should apply:
Wedgewood offers our team members competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
- INVEST WITH US -With Wedgewood’s In-house Investment Programs, you get to participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs.
- STUDENT LOAN PAYDOWN -Wedgewood recognizes the importance of quality education so we have partnered up with Gradifi to assist you with your student loans.
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE - This is a great place to contribute to the community! Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
- WORK HARD – PLAY HARD - You can expect to get invited to various company sponsored events throughout the course of the year. Past events have included sporting events, happy hour, parking lot BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and more.
About the role:
The Leasing Manager will be responsible for leading all leasing initiatives within a newly formed property management department within a well-established real estate investment firm founded in 1985. Responsibilities will include sourcing tenants through aggressive marketing campaigns using social media and other online platforms, and develop a strong online presence in the Dallas Fort Worth multifamily market. The Leasing Manager will respond to inquiries and concerns, negotiate contract agreements, and inspect the properties in a professional and fast manner. The Leasing Manager will create relationships with local Apartment Locators, Realtors, and other connections to ensure properties are widely marketed to target audiences.
What you'll do:
- Create, implement, and maintain property-specific marketing plans
- Oversee the marketing and advertising of vacancies on media/advert channels to attract potential tenants
- Ensure quality communication, customer support and for each prospective resident
- Hire and schedule vendors for marketing photoshoots and/or video shoots
- Plan and host leasing lead generation events such as open houses, broker opens, etc.
- Network and create relationships with local Apartment Locator services, real estate agents, and other potential lead generating connections
- Advertise available units, negotiate rental terms, and finalize lease agreements
- Scout and identify prospective tenants looking to lease a property
- Run background checks on potential tenants to evaluate their credit status and criminal records to determine if they are eligible occupy a building
- Oversee the processing and approval of tenant applications and lease documents
- Guide the activities and operations of a leasing team to ensure revenue goals are achieved
- Organize meetings during which leasing operations are discussed to identify solutions necessary for achieving occupancy targets
- Oversee the hiring and on-the-job training of leasing recruits to bring them up-to-speed on work activities
- Develop and implement best practices and policies regarding online marketing expectations for internally and externally managed assets
- Conduct survey of the property market to obtain information on competing lease rates and other trends that affect occupancy/rent
- Quality control check online marketing of assets to ensure listings are in line with expectations and ensure any corrections/enhancement are implemented
What you'll need:
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Bilingual – Spanish speaking necessary
- Working knowledge of property regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and property management software, Yardi
- Understanding of marketing principles.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Good customer service skills
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Intellectually curious
- Entrepreneurial in nature
- Passion for solving problems
- Strong ethical character
- Valid driver's license in good standing
Wedgewood occupies 50,000 square feet in a state of the art headquarters in Redondo Beach, California and has been named Company of the Year by the city. Wedgewood has additional office locations in Las Vegas and Dallas, and along with smaller offices throughout the country.
Wedgewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
APPLY TODAY, Let’s start your future with Wedgewood!