Associate Director Human Resources
San Francisco, CA
***LINK TO APPLY: https://tndc.csod.com/ux/ats/c...
Under the general supervision of the Senior Director of Human Resources, the Associate Director of Human Resources is responsible for providing the following 1) Advice and consultation to managers and employees regarding HR programs, policies and practices. 2) Provide input to and/or develop HR policies and programs. 3) Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of HR policies and programs. 4) Continued process improvements for HR systems and practices.
- Manages the Performance Management, Employee Relations and Recruiting functions in the HR department
- Act as a coach and mentor to staff in the HR department
- Serve as the leader, owner and subject matter expert for HR Acuity and Cornerstone system functionality, business processes and configuration.
- Drives systems design to support self-service with a strong focus on reporting, data analytics and dashboards
- Ensure proposed solutions are scalable and manageable
- Manage workload from multiple projects at once and work with HR and/or business areas to prioritize requests
- Review functionality delivered in various HR systems including Cornerstone releases to assess business impacts and opportunities for enhancements
- Manage the investigative process for internal complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other high-risk issues
- Provide consultation to Senior Director of HR and Chief People Officer to identify staff complaint trends and provide workable solutions to mitigate risk
- Annually review and recommend changes to a variety of HR policies and documents
- Plans and implements programs for staff development, staff recognition and community building, safe work practices and wellness activities, and employee retention
- As assigned by Senior Director of Human Resources, participates in the agency's internal grievance process including responding to and investigating allegations, grievances and complaints
- Stays informed and in compliance with state, federal and local employment laws
- Effectively review and consult with managers regarding progressive discipline and involuntary separations, minimizing risk to the company and ensuring values-based decisions as appropriate
- Provide sound and legally defensible advice and consultation to managers with respect to HR policy/guideline interpretation, compensation, employee relations, performance management, recruitment, and training and development issues
- Manage full performance management suite in Cornerstone
- Conducts exit interviews of senior staff and summarizes findings on exit interviews and surveys, discussing trends and concerns with Senior HR Management
- Develops, plans and communicates updates on ER processes, policies and tools
- Manage and deliver training on various ER topics such as supervisor training, cultural humility, conducting investigations and employment law, in partnership with the L&D Specialist
- Acts as trusted subject matter expert to all levels of HR on complex employee relations matters; including diagnosing problems, negotiating workable solutions, and providing verbal or written report of fact-findings to all levels of leadership
- Promotes TNDC’s Mission and 5 Core Values.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to present sound, fact-based arguments to influence situations, to listen effectively, to select and use appropriate communication methods, and to present ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to respond rapidly and independently to requests, quickly discern relevant facts, identify and negotiate solutions that balance company and employee needs, and follow through to ensure resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to find, access, evaluates and uses information
- Demonstrated ability to read, to analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to define problems, to collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of information and deal with multiple abstract and concrete variables
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and proactively develop well thought out recommendations with respect to HR issues
- Ability to independently anticipate, analyze and resolve complex problems, situations and data
- Ability to independently exercise sound judgment and decision-making within broadly defined polices, programs and practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to conclusion. Ability to move between multiple projects or activities and remain focused
- Ability to interact effectively with and influence all levels of management
- Ability to effectively and independently resolve problems, identify, and negotiate solutions that balance company and employee needs
- Ability to effectively respond to changing and sometimes ambiguous situations
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field from