Los Angeles, CA
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a detail oriented senior level property manager interested in developing a great career. Ultimately, you will act as the face and voice of our brand and manage two communities in Brentwood, one of LA's most affluent neighborhoods, located on the Westside between Westwood and Santa Monica. One property consists of 168 units and the other community consists of 183 units, both walking distance from one another.
If you are a tech-savvy professional, experienced in social media, PR and promotional events, we want to meet you! Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and can develop engaging content. You should be a "˜people person' with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our communities.
The selected candidate will be joining a results-oriented team of dynamic visionaries who think outside the box to come up with extraordinary results. The selected candidate will be responsible for leading and directing the entire management, leasing, and eventually the maintenance operations taking guidance and direction from the Portfolio Manager. This is a tremendous opportunity for a loyal team player within depth knowledge of the Los Angeles areas. Hired candidate will have a minimum of 5 years property management experience, proven leadership skills, a high level of energy and excitement, a successful sales background, a history of working well both independently and as a team, and superior professional references from employers within the industry. Candidate must perform well under pressure, always maintain a positive attitude, can create and have fun while accomplishing the goals of the team, have the desire and ability to motivate self and a team of professionals and grow them into leaders, have strong oral and written communication skills, and have years of experience in providing exceptional customer service.
- Salary commensurate with experience and industry standards/guidelines in accordance with position title.
- Quarterly bonus program designed to reward exemplary performance when goals are achieved.
- Standard Company offered benefits.
- Reports to Portfolio Manager and comfortable interacting with ownership from time to time.
- Leads/supervises all on site personnel.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with colleagues in other departments within the Company, including, Marketing, Human Resources, Accounting, IT/IS and Renovations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, contractors, and all others serving the community and Company.
- Maintains a positive relationship with local officials.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Set up leasing office.
- Create a model apartment when necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years conventional/market rate property management on site experience, preferably starting as a leasing or marketing specialist with promotions to management positions.
- Minimum 5 years conventional/market rate property manager experience managing a minimum of 300 apartments and preferably managing a multi-site portfolio consisting of at least 500 apartments.
- Management experience must include the management of a team of employees consisting of assistant managers, leasing and marketing specialists, and maintenance personnel.
- Management experience must have been with a professional property management company respected as such in the industry.
- A professional designation of Certified Property Manager (CPM), Registered Apartment Manager (RAM), Accredited Residential Manager (ARM) or similar industry designation is desirable.
- Fair Housing Certificate and awareness of fair housing laws mandatory.
- Awareness of local laws, including but not limited to Los Angeles Rent Stabilization Ordinance.
- Be confident and exercise good judgement #1.
- Exercise humility when dealing with your team.
- A dynamic leader with strong supervisory skills/personnel management.
- Effective communicator, trainer, and motivator.
- Self-motivated and independent thinker.
- Strong business, marketing, and property management sense.
- Ability to process problems and recommend sound solutions.
- Calm and intelligent crisis manager with developed conflict management skills.
- Flexibility is essential.
- Ability to follow and enforce policies and procedures.
- Energetic and fun to work with.
- Ability to travel periodically.
- Must pass a criminal background check, and a drug test.
- Embraces the use of technology.
- Experience with Yardi Property and Asset Management software preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Additional computer experience a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities (not intended to be an all-inclusive list but rather a fair and reasonable example)
Marketing & Leasing
- Establish lease-up goals in accordance with owners' requirements.
- Ensure grounds are policed daily to ensure a superior curb appeal.
- Ensure that all show units are inspected daily.
- Adhere to resident screening guidelines and ensure compliance and ensure compliance with all applicants.
- Work with supervisor to create all necessary paperwork to commence the leasing process.
- Collaborate with marketing team to create marketing collateral and enhance community website.
- Manage social networking websites.
- Create and implement a marketing plan, review the plan for relevance regularly, change plan as soon as it becomes necessary.
- Create a preferred employer program.
- Complete monthly marketing survey.
- Ensure compliance with all fair housing laws when conducting leasing transactions.
- Review and approve all applicant files prior to move in for compliance with policies.
- Create effective resident retention programs.
- Establish community outreach program.
- Monitor resident turnover and help formulate plans to curtail unwanted turnover.
- Responsible for employee selection (management positions must be referred to supervisor for selection approval), employee training, employee evaluations, employee termination, and implementation of all other employment decisions for employees with a direct report in accordance with human resource policies and procedures and guidance from supervisor all in accordance with the law.
- Lead and supervise a team consisting of an assistant manager, Resident Specialist, and maintenance personnel.
- Approve and submit weekly time sheets inclusive of overtime logs.
- Motivate team to serve our customers well and achieve company objectives.
- Manage contractors to ensure quality and timely work product.
- Charge and collect rents and other fees in accordance with lease agreements.
- Follow procedures outlined in lease agreement for late rent collections and work with landlord and tenant attorney to process evictions timely.
- Recommend changes to rents and fees in accordance with market changes.
- Review and analyze monthly financial statements, incl