Human Resources Specialist
San Francisco, CA
LINK TO APPLY: https://tndc.csod.com/ux/ats/c...
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of HR, the HR Specialist is responsible for providing advice and consultation to employees regarding HR programs, policies and practices; coordination of the implementation and maintenance of HR policies and programs; continued process improvements for HR systems and practices.
Performance Management and Employee Relations:
- In an ongoing capacity, the Human Resources Specialist will act as a liaison between the Associate Director of Human Resources and employees, coordinating employee relations activities. This involves receiving and effectively handling employee complaints, escalating these complaints to the appropriate level of disciplinary action when necessary, updating employees with any changes in company policy, responding to general employee inquiries regarding violations of policy.
- Support the administration of the Annual and Introductory Period Performance Review process including 1) consulting with managers regarding completion of goals and objectives and performance 2) tracking to ensure timely completion of goals and objectives and performance reviews and 3) review and modification of goals and objectives and performance review forms and templates.
- Coordinate exit interviews, summarize exit survey findings, and compile exit data reports.
- Manage the worker’s compensation claims process through the company’s online claims system.
- Provide ongoing support to the Associate Director of Human Resources and the company’s Safety Committee around organization-wide safety initiatives.
- Provide assistance and coordinate with managers to ensure new hires receive Performance Goals and Objectives, preferably within the first 30 days of employment.
- Manage employee separations to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations. Ensure Payroll is notified in a timely basis.
HRIS, Reporting and Compliance:
Coordinate the development of HRIS data gathering and reporting. Provide support to the Employee:
- Timely and accurate input of information into the company’s HRIS (Paycom).
- Timely and accurate submission of Worker’s Compensation claims.
- Timely and accurate input of information of employee relations and investigation cases into the company’s HRIS.
- Timely and accurate processing of transfers and separations.
- Timely and accurate tracking of exit and post-hire survey data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to listen effectively.
- Working knowledge of Human Resources law, compliance with wage and hour regulations and San Francisco Ordinances.
- Demonstrated ability to respond rapidly and independently to requests, quickly discern relevant facts, and follow through to ensure resolution.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and identify patterns to support employee needs.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively develop sound recommendations with respect to HR issues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to conclusion. Ability to move between multiple projects or activities and remain focused.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise discretion in Human Resources issues.
- Demonstrated ability to be patient when dealing with employees and personnel matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from four-year college or university or equivalent Human Resources experience.
- Minimum three years human resources experience in multiple functions (employee relations, staffing and training).
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with MS Office.
Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (August 13, 2014), all qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position.