Custodian - Dalt Hotel
San Francisco, CA
LINK TO APPLY: https://tndc.csod.com/ux/ats/c...
The custodian is responsible for the cleaning and housekeeping duties at designated TNDC sites.
- Maintain the general cleanliness of the building interior and exterior and adhere to the cleaning schedule for all the properties assigned.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Maintain trash removal systems including rotation of garbage receptacles and recycling.
- Clean and vacuum hallways, common areas, sidewalks and individual units as necessary.
- Attend required TNDC meetings.
- Follow TNDC safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Wet, dust and clean windows.
- "Bag & Tag" former resident belongings in vacant units.
- Identify and report any problems in regards to maintenance, health, safety or security of the property to the General Manager.
- Follow a schedule of preventative maintenance and perform additional cleaning and maintenance duties as needed.
- Notify the General Manager or Maintenance Lead of any needed supplies or equipment.
- Assist building maintenance staff with light maintenance projects.
- Patch and paint walls as assigned.
- Respond to building emergencies on after-hours on-call schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge and skills:
- Ability, willingness and sensitivity to work with a diverse, low-income population.
- Sound judgment and good assessment skills.
- Maturity, honesty, dependability, initiative and follow-through.
- Ability and willingness to follow directions.
- Ability and willingness to respond tactfully under pressure; cope under stress.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform medium to heavy work involving sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 75 pounds and climbing ladders and stairs.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools and equipment necessary to perform janitorial work.
- Ability to operate a variety of cleaning equipment.
- Ability to move objects, occasionally requiring exertion of considerable force.
- Ability to coordinate eyes, hands and fingers in performing janitorial tasks.
- Visual acuity necessary to perform and inspect work and review work orders.
- Hearing acuity sufficient to use telephone and communicate with other staff.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide.
Judgment and Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to judge situations where supervisor's involvement is needed.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to repetitive tasks.
Language and Communication Ability:
- Ability to comprehend and correctly use logs, work orders, timesheets, etc.
- Ability to comprehend resident handbook and employee manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and staff at all levels, residents, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to adapt to changes in policy, methods, operations, etc. as they apply to property management operations and activities.
- Ability to work in an office environment and in and outside a variety of residential buildings.
- Ability to work under hot and cold conditions.
- Ability to work under conditions of moderate noise.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Knowledge of custodial practices and procedures including sanitation and universal precautions.
- One year of janitorial experience.
- Second language capacity.
Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (August 13, 2014), all qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position.