Quality Management Group, Inc. is committed to management of our properties with Precision and Care that leads to providing superior service to our clients, our residents and our team members. The Porter/Maintenance Technician is an integral component to delivering on our commitment. Pay: $18.00 per hour
The Porter/Maintenance Technician is responsible for:
- Maintaining the curb appeal of the community by daily cleaning of the property grounds and reporting to community manager any health and safety issues on the ground or in community
- Supporting maintenance technician and landscape efforts to maintain the community. May perform general maintenance support including detailed cleaning and apartment turns in accordance with company standards and leadership.
The Porter/Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor or the Senior Community Manager. The reporting hierarchy may also include management under a Senior Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Supervisor, Regional Maintenance Manager, Regional Property Manager, and Director of Property Management.
- Responsible for maintaining the exterior property in a safe, clean and attractive manner.
- Performs daily trash pickup throughout the property to ensure clean environment on days scheduled to work.
- Responsible for custodial work including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash and cleaning windows in all common areas.
- Moving and cleaning appliances; fixtures, toilets, ceiling fans, counters, floors, lights, windows, blinds, etc. in units and throughout the exterior of the property, as needed.
- Performs cleaning services in vacant units as directed.
- Responsible for identifying, documenting, and repairing health and safety risks on the property.
- Responsible for maintaining maintenance shop and storage areas in clean and organized manner, and property equipment in good conditions.
- Assist in the scheduling and turning of vacant units prior to resident occupancy.
- Assist the Community Manager in annual apartment inspections
- Observes condition of apartment and reports any unusual circumstances. (That is, size and number of pets in occupied apartment, obvious violations of community rules, etc.)
- Observes condition of property in general and reports any unusual circumstances.
- Should be familiar with location of power, water and gas turnoff valves, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants on the property.
- Cleans up thoroughly after performing work in an occupied or vacant apartment.
- Notifies Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager, as directed, regarding any supplies or parts necessary to complete service requests.
- Follows company procedures regarding safety and emergencies.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of tools, equipment and supplies
- Physically walks the property daily and removes litter, (garbage, cigarette butts, pet droppings, etc.) from the community grounds; Dumpster area(s), Laundry room(s), Mail room(s), Stairways and breezeways, Recreation areas. (playgrounds, sports courts, pool area, courtyard, etc.), Landscaping (grass areas, flower beds, bushes, trees, etc.), Walkways, Parking lots and driveways) *where applicable
- Completely cleans once a week by sweeping, vacuuming, moping, wiping down and dusting; Laundry room(s), Mail room(s).
- Daily wiping down and emptying of the trash of Laundry room(s), Mail room(s), Recreation area(s)
- Exterior lighting fixtures (reporting when out or non-working)
- Performs lite "trash-out" duties at vacated apartments on an as needed basis and transfers to dumpster or storage area as directed. *when applicable
- Distributes non-legal, resident communications to residents; e.g., upcoming events, pest control notices. *when applicable
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Manage and submit personal time and expense on a weekly basis to Supervisor.
- The Porter/Maintenance Technician does not have any direct reports.
- Responsible for personal timekeeping.
- Must possess a valid California Driver License and automobile insurance to operate vehicles for company business.
- Must be able to read and speak English or read and speak English and Spanish as appropriate to the resident base, in order to effectively communicate between the Community Management team and the residents as well as between co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintain positive relationships with internal departments.
- Respond to Supervisor on all resident complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Create a community of preservation and appeal based on clean and presentable environment that is contagious for our residents and noticeable to the community at large.
- Maintain a presentable and professional attire that is representative of the company standards.
- Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include travel and overnight stays at locations away from the employee’s home.
- This position may require the availability to work some nights, weekends and occasional holidays based upon the needs of the community.
- Other duties as requested.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to be flexible, a team player and interface professionally with all levels of internal and external customers
- Clear communication both written and oral including diplomacy and discretion
- Must have a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to work with and understand persons of all ethnic and family backgrounds
- Ability to build external relationships while positively promoting the organization
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions
- Handle high stress situations effectively
- The ability to prioritize as needed
- Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative, deadline-driven work environment and ability to manage a high level of detail
- A passion and strong understanding of our industry and our business mission
- Authorized to work in the United States for any employer
- Must have practical experience, working knowledge and ability to:
- Follow a daily cleaning list of all common areas and exterior
- Perform or assist in special cleaning initiatives
- Attribute urgency to more critical areas in need of cleaning
- Participate in a flexible work schedule to include morning hours, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Working knowledge regarding water and gas meter shutoffs and sewer cleanouts for common areas and individual units.
- Understanding of MSDS protocols and procedures to maintain a safe working environment.
- Minimum of a high school education or equivalent.
- Minimum two months or more experience in apartment property management or a related field or
- At least two months related experience or training, or equivalent combination of educations and experience.
- Proficiency in the English language both verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the Spanish language verbally when applicable based on the needs of the prop