LURIN Management Services LLC
Residential Service Director
Job Title: Resident Service Director Department/Group: Operations
Location: On Site
Reports To: Community Director
Travel Required: No
Position Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Resident Service Director is responsible in the management of the on-site maintenance staff at the assigned property. The Resident Service Director is responsible for ensuring the physical aspects of the property meet LURIN's established standards and applicable laws for safety, appearance, and operational efficiency.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in apartment, residential, or commercial maintenance or related field.
- Working knowledge of maintenance and repair of items such as HVAC units, plumbing, electrical, household appliances, and painting
- HVAC or EPA Type II Certification
- Ability to work flexible schedule that may including working special event, weekends, and on call.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct and coordinate daily activities of maintenance staff and contractors engaged in mechanical and electrical repair
- Confer with Community Director and Director of Resident Services to plan preventive maintenance programs and to schedule inspections and major renovations in coordination with other operating activities
- Conduct monthly safety meetings with staff.
- Review and recommend purchasing of maintenance supplies and recommending preventive maintenance procedures to improve property performance
- Assist contractors to plan and resolve issues with on-site projects including interior and renovation projects and installation of new equipment for efficiency and quality.
- Monitor maintenance budgets and provide insight to help prepare yearly budget for the assigned community.
- Ensure maintenance team completes work orders in a timely fashion and according to specifications.
- Possess ability to complete work orders as required in areas such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC, pool, etc.
- Ensure all equipment is properly inventoried and accounted for on a regular basis
- Ensure apartments meet make-ready standards
- Deliver high level customer service experience
- Communicate with Community Director on ongoing maintenance issues or resident concerns.
The job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by the company without prior verbal or written notification.
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work functions
- Regular attendance, punctuality and dependability
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is sometimes required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must sometimes lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and incumbent