LURIN Management Services LLC
Service Technician/Make Ready Specialist
Job Title: Service Technician Department/Group: Operations
Location: On Site Reports To: Community Director
Supervises: No Travel Required: No
Position Type: Full Time FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Service Technician has the responsibility of supporting the Resident Service Director in ensuring physical aspects of the property meet the Company's established standards and any applicable laws. The Service Technician will diagnose problem and make repairs in areas such as HVAC (if certified), electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry wall, exterior structures and household appliances. In addition, the incumbent will assist with preventative maintenance procedures and apartment make readies.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in apartment, residential, or commercial maintenance or related field.
- HVAC or EPA Type II Certification
Essential Job Functions:
- Repair and maintains physical structures of apartment homes using hand tools and power tools
- Repair and replace any apartment material or maintenance request including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, dry walling, interior and exterior structures, appliance and apartment make readies.
- Monitor and complete service requests and ensuring completion and customer satisfaction in a timely fashion.
- Assist Resident Service Director with following preventative maintenance programs and documenting.
- Paint interior and exterior structures, repair sheetrock and woodwork with carpenter's tools
- Repair plumbing fixtures
- Repair boilers and appliances
- Repair plaster
- Repair floors and tile
- Build sheds and other outbuildings
- May perform HVAC functions with proper certification
- Respond promptly to all on-call pages/requests
- Complete work orders according to Company guidelines and safety standards
- Complete all required logs, paperwork or checklists related to inventory tracking or hazardous chemicals
- Maintain tools and equipment in the maintenance shop in an orderly manner and according to Company policy
- Reports any maintenance issues and/or concerns to supervisor in a timely manner
- Must be able to work flexible schedule which may include working special events and/or weekends
The job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by the company without prior verbal or written notification.
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work functions
- Regular attendance, punctuality and dependability
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is sometimes required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must sometimes lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and incumbent