Onsite Assistant Community Manager-Mount
Cathedral City, CA
Quality Management Group, Inc. is committed to management of our properties with Precision and Care that leads to providing superior service to our clients, our residents and our team members. The Community Manager is the front line in implementing our vision. The on-site Assistant Community Manager will be required to live on-site as a condition of employment.
The On-Site Assistant Community Manager is responsible for working directly with the Community Manager as pertains to:
- Leading the overall administration, compliance, and maintenance of the property, while striving to maintain 100% occupancy;
- Must assume proactive behavior and measures to properly represent Quality Management Group, Inc. and build relationships in the community.
The On-Site Assistant Community Manager reports to the Community Manager or Senior Community Manager.
- Ensure resident files and Yardi data are maintained in accordance with Compliance and Property Management policies and regulations.
- Review, process and approve all resident notices pertaining to recertification.
- Assist in maintaining property waiting list in accordance with the properties’ Tenant Selection Plan.
- Process applications for housing in accordance with properties’ affordable housing covenants.
- Assist in processing annual re-certifications within established timelines.
- Assist in marketing and advertising for vacancies in accordance with properties’ Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan.
- Assist in ensuring that all appropriate notices are remitted to residents in a timely manner and are completed and served within the requirements set forth in the lease.
- Visually inspect grounds, buildings and apartment units on a regular basis between annual inspections.
- Work cohesively with resident services staff to ensure vacancies turn times are met in accordance with company policy and that move-in dates are met.
- Work with the Community Manager to ensure work orders are processed in Yardi within established timelines.
- Assist in showing available units.
- Maintain general office and resident files.
- Take a proactive role in shopping the competition and marketing.
- Record traffic in software program daily.
- Follow up with Guest Cards or a “Thank-You” response within twenty-four (24) hours of the visit with the prospect
- Assist Community Manager with legal proceedings.
- Prepare deposits for banking and posts resident payments into Yardi within timelines established by management.
- Keeps resident ledgers accurate and works diligently with accounting to resolve any errors.
- Assist in preparing deposits for banking and making daily bank runs.
- Post resident payments into Yardi in a timely manner.
- Assist Community Manager in preparing management required month end reports.
- Assist in annual budget preparation
- Maintain positive relationships with internal departments.
- Respond to all resident complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist residents always when requested.
- Create a community of caring and excitement that is contagious for our residents and noticeable to the community at large.
- Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include travel and overnight stays at locations away from the employee’s home.
- This position may require the availability to work some nights, weekends and occasional holidays based upon the needs of the community.
- Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Other duties as requested.
- Must have a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to work with and understand persons of all ethnic and family backgrounds.
- Proficient in English language in verbal and written communications
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions
- Handle high stress situations effectively
- The ability to both prioritize and delegate as needed
- Computer literacy in Outlook, Word, Excel and the Internet
- Minimum of a high school education or equivalent.
- Minimum one to three years working in a position with comparable responsibilities.
- Minimum one to two years working in a customer service environment.
- Basic math principles including the ability to work with a calculator
- Yardi property management accounting software is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- 5-7 hours of sitting, reading and typing daily
- 1-3 hours of walking daily
- Operates Computer requiring the use of hands/fingers
- Occasional bending, reaching, kneeling and/or crouching
- Regular lifting of up to 30 pounds
- Occasional Climbing of Stairs
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
- Specific audio/verbal abilities include communication with residents, employees, vendors and owners both in person and via telephone.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.75 per hour