For a complete job announcement and/or to apply online, click on the following link:
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: To work at an advanced level, with limited supervision, maintaining and repairing Agency residential and commercial buildings and maintaining grounds and landscaped areas of Agency facilities.
General Facility Upkeep and Maintenance
Work independently, as assigned, to:
- Complete repairs, such as plumbing, electrical, roofing, appliances and HVAC
- Repair and hang prepped doors, furniture, counter tops, cabinets, shelving, floor tile and other carpentry items
- Patch, touch up, paint and finish dry wall and other interior and exterior surfaces
- Repair and replace locks and hardware
- Repair or replace windows and doors and coverings such as screens, blinds and drapes
- Manage electronic systems such as, but not limited to, gate controllers, call systems, video surveillance, and alarms
- Deliver and install appliances
- Maintain work vehicle
- Operate and maintain hand and power tools and equipment
- Identify major maintenance needs and report to appropriate staff
- Respond to tenant lock-outs and other emergencies
Site & Grounds Maintenance
- Remove concrete and builds forms; mix and pour to replace concrete
- Fill holes and patch asphalt
- Check, install and rebuild sprinkler and other irrigation systems
- Plant, water, mow, edge and care for lawns
- Plant, cultivate, prune and water shrubs, trees, flowers and other plants
- Hoe, rake and sweep weeds and garden debris
- Pick up trash and debris and take to landfill/transfer station
- Trim and remove trees and branches
- Clean off and repair roofs, gutters and downspouts
- Repair or replace benches, tables, fences, signs, playground equipment and related structures
- Operate power equipment
Any combination of experience and education that would be likely to provide the required knowledge and abilities could be qualifying, as determined by the Agency. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Experience – Three (3) years experience and proficiency in general maintenance repair work such as glazing, plumbing, electrical, roofing, appliances; HVAC; repair, carpentry such as install doors, furniture, counter top, cabinets, shelving, floor tile, and other carpentry items; hang tape, patch, texture paint, stain drywall and other interior surfaces; repair and install locks and hardware; repair or replace windows and doors and coverings such as screens, blinds and drapes along with emphasis on writing and communication skills
Education – Graduation from an accredited high school, or possession of an equivalent certificate or diploma recognized by the State of California (e.g. G.E.D.). College courses in construction technology or a related field are desirable.
Licenses and Certificates: Must possess and maintain an applicable California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
Other Requirements: Will be required to take and successfully pass a pre-employment physical examination. Will be required to drive an Agency vehicle during the course of employment.
SHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a condition of employment with SHRA, this employee will be required to complete a COVID-19 vaccination recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (including for emergency use) and provide proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department prior to employment.