San Rafael, CA
Position is a full-time Accountant to work at EAH Corporate in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have Associates degree in accounting or equivalent academic training. 3+ years of accounting experience. Non-profit affordable housing environment a plus. 2+ years of bookkeeping/accounting experience. Computer proficiency. Salary is commensurate to experience.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition ACCOU002690 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under general supervision, performs non-routine accounting support duties in the areas of accounts payable and accounts receivable and routine accounting duties in the areas of maintaining general ledger, analysis of accounts, preparation of monthly financial statements/reports and bank reconciliations for properties assigned. Performs specialized calculations, posting and accounting functions
- Maintains, analyzes and reconciles general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and bank accounts for properties assigned.
- Prepares each month’s accounting financial statements and reports required in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with organization policies.
- Processes journal entries posting.
- Reconciles financial records of balance sheet accounts (i.e. assets, liabilities), income and expenses
- Analyzes and reconciles discrepancies and accounting issues.
- Maintains accounts payable files and records including filing as needed, process invoices for payment, prints and mail accounts payable disbursement checks for properties assigned.
- Responds to vendors, auditors, and employee inquiries regarding invoices, expenses check requests.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounts payable issues and discrepancies for assigned properties.
- Monitors cash deposit/incoming wire receipts and update cash balances on a daily basis.
- Prepares, verifies, produces and mail year-end 1099 forms for properties assigned.
- Prepares annual backup support schedules for auditors and storage files.
- Actively participates in EAH’s safety program.
- Actively participates in required training.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prints, distributes Accounts Payable reports (monthly and as needed basis) and close system accounts receivable and payable modules on a month-end basis for properties assigned.
- Tracks all replacement reserve expenses for property manager release requests.
No direct supervisory responsibilities, however, may provide work leadership to others through assignment of work, monitoring of progress, review of results, orientation and technical instruction.
Associates degree in accounting or equivalent academic training a plus. 3+ years of accounting experience, non-profit affordable housing environment a plus. 2+ years of bookkeeping/accounting experience. Computer proficiency.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have received such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985