Santa Barbara, CA
Our company is seeking an Assistant Manager/Office Assistant to be responsible for handling clerical tasks in our 200 space mobile home park office and supporting the community manager in various errands in the community. You will be handling incoming phone calls and other electronic communications as well as managing files, updating paperwork, other documents, and performing other general office duties.
The ideal candidate will be:
A hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion and have the ability to multi-task. In order for you to be selected as a candidate, you will need the ability to write clearly and be proficient with computers. A pleasing personality with strong and friendly communication skills is also highly valued. A vehicle and valid drivers license is required.
Responsibilities & Duties include but as not limited to the following:
A. Knowledge and continuing education of:
1. California Civil Code/Mobilehome Residency Law
2. Title 25 of the California Code of Regulations
3. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Housing Statutes
4. Current operating policies
5. Current Park Rules and Regulations
6. All leases, rental agreements and other tenant documents
B. Resident Assistant Management Activities:
1. Drawing up of all residency documents/ rental agreements / membership transfer documents
2. Serving notices/ reminders/ newsletters, etc. as needed
3. The keeping of a Daily Log, with to-dos and work accomplished.
4. Weekly e-mail summary of same required, usually on Friday afternoon.
C. Accounting Activities:
1. Collect all rents promptly when due.
2. Read Utility meters and input reads into billing system (as applicable)
3. Deposit rents promptly as instructed (as needed)
4. Petty cash records, monthly reports (as needed)
5. Daily/monthly records, update tenant lists (as needed)
6. Monthly billing and receipts of all rents due and paid (as needed)
Job Type: Part-time - 5 hours per day - 25 hours per week
Pay: Based on experience