New Standard Equities, Inc.
About the Organization:
New Standard Equities is a leading vertically integrated real estate investment management firm that specializes in the acquisition and operation of multifamily properties located throughout the Western U.S. New Standard Equities is guided by a set of principles that govern how we conduct ourselves in every aspect of the business to ensure we meet our objective of providing an ideal living experience for our residents that is Just Right Living.
We are a company of self-starters who strive towards delivering on our mission of providing Just Right Living for the individuals and families that choose to call our properties home. To achieve our objective of providing Just Right Living, we perform at every level of the organization with integrity and are driven toward continuous learning and improvement on the job, to deliver on our promise of Excellence at Every Level of the organization. We are motivated to solve problems creatively in our approach and think out of the box to deliver exceptional results. We value collaboration and view teamwork as vital to the success of the organization by building genuine relationships with co-workers and residents through effective communication and follow through. We are customer service focused by demonstrating care as an organization and at every level and in every position.
Skills and mindset essential for success:
- Customer-service focus
- Effective communication and follow through
- Motivation to solve problems creatively
- Builds genuine relationships with co-workers and residents
- Driven toward continuous learning and improvement on the job
The Leasing Consultant is responsible for leasing apartments to potential residents, while selling the community services and providing outstanding customer service to current and prospective residents. The Leasing Consultant is also responsible for preparing and explaining the lease paperwork to new and renewing residents, as well as, ensuring vacant units are rent ready and "showable". The Leasing Consultant will possess strong customer service skills while responding promptly to prospect and resident needs.
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains a professional, friendly, and inviting atmosphere at the community.
- Works consistently to optimize occupancy by leasing available units.
- Maintains positive relationships with current residents to ensure lease renewal.
- Exhibit the community professionally by showing all available amenities, model apartment(s) and available apartments.
- Processes prospect applications, ensuring all documentation is complete; meets company qualifications prior to handing off to supervisor for approval.
- Ensures applicant's credit check, employment verification and landlord references are completed to company standards.
- Prepares all leases/move-in packets for new residents in an accurate and timely manner and arranges for lease signing by new residents prior to move-in.
- Maintains prospect, traffic and rental record logs, as well as all pertinent leasing data.
- Responsible for maintaining organized, accurate, and up to date files for all residents; performs filing for the office as needed when not leasing.
- Maintains thorough and accurate product knowledge of the community and that of the major competitors through site visits, tours, shops, telephone surveys and follow-ups.
- Ensures the entire office environment is professional, well-organized, and meets all safety standards.
- Works with colleagues and Community Director to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies.
- Informs maintenance staff of possible issues on the property.
- Reviews all vacant apartments to ensure the unit smells good, looks good, and creates an environment a prospect wants to call home.
- Accepts service requests from current residents and coordinates completion with maintenance staff, following up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Attends work as scheduled to support the ongoing success of the company and community.
- Performs other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned.
- Health Insurance (HMO & PPO options)
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Child Care)
- Employer Paid Group Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Employee Assistance Program