Benedict Canyon Equity Holdings
Los Angeles, CA
Multifamily real estate private equity investment firm with Corporate Office located in West Los Angeles is looking for a Senior Accountant. This is an exciting opportunity to join an entrepreneurial organization. The Senior Accountant will report to and work closely with the Controller and others in the organization in the analysis and reconciliation of accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Hands-on involvement in full cycle accounting process including AR/AP, journal entries, month-end close, and preparation of financial statements within established schedules.
• Perform balance sheet account reconciliations including verification of intercompany due to/due from accounts.
• Monitor cash balances, prepare weekly and monthly cash schedules and verify distributions have been received and properly recorded.
• Process vendor invoices, check requests, expense reports, and perform Corporate credit card reconciliation, and prepare bill-backs to properties as required.
• Involve in implementation of CRM System.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Review property level cash flow reports and preferred interest schedules and work closely with the asset management company.
• Process quarterly distributions to investors.
• Complete upper-tier entities’ financials for external CPA.
• Analysis and reconcile investor investment accounts – both contributions and distributions.
• Review refi and sales waterfall schedules and verify accuracy on balance sheet items such as operating cash-on-hand, CAPEX, and escrow reserves.
• Review escrow statements to verify accuracy of loan payoff amounts, prorations, and ensure corporate entities are reimbursed for deal-related expenses.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university is required.
• Four plus years of progressive accounting experience as a senior accountant.
• Experience in the real estate industry a must.
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
• Goal and deadline-oriented.
• Ability to independently organize and prioritize workload within a fast-paced environment with a commitment to meeting deadlines.
Other Skills & Abilities:
• PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment).
• Highly proficient in Excel.
• Experience with Yardi Voyager and QuickBooks Pro version 2020.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to sit for up to 10 hours per day.
• Ability to move freely around the office for up to 10 hours per day.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
• A competitive compensation package, and the chance to make a difference. This is truly an outstanding opportunity for someone to grow professionally, and be positioned for increased responsibilities and career enhancement. Join the team that is setting the pace in the industry.
Why Join Benedict Canyon Equities?
• We’ll give you the autonomy and resources to make an impact.
• Competitive Compensation and Bonus Eligibility.
• Opportunity to invest with other employees in an Executive Pool.
• Employer-sponsored benefits (Medical, FSA, Dental, Vision, Long Term. Disability, and Life) package including 401k with employer matching contribution.
• Employer-Sponsored Perks and Benefits.
• Competitive Vacation that respects your time away to observe, have fun or simply rejuvenate.
• Generous employee engagement initiatives and more!
BCE is proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status