Jr. Asset Manager
TruAmerica Multifamily is a Los Angeles-based investment firm specializing in acquisitions, value added asset management, capital improvement renovations and rehabilitation of Class B or better multifamily housing in the Western United States. With over 44,780 apartment units currently under management, TruAmerica has cultivated the best talents in the industry to create a first-class multifamily investment platform.
Based in Dallas, the Junior Asset Manager will be part of a team and assist with overseeing all aspects of a multi-family portfolio in Dallas and surrounding metropolitan areas.
The Asset Manager will be a confident, dynamic and sophisticated investment professional with an understanding of institutional real estate with an emphasis on multi-family experience. This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to advance skill set and participate in evaluating and implementing various new products and services (e.g., marketing and ancillary resident services) to the overall portfolio which will provide direct value to the Organization.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Asset Management.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Reviews various industry standard reports identifying trends and providing strategic recommendations to field Asset Managers.
- Review and generate weekly, monthly and or quarterly reports monitoring performance via a host of available analytical tools, etc.
- Perform regular site visits engaging with Regional Property Managers and on-site staff.
- Assist with the development and successful execution of operating budgets, capital investment plans, leasing/marketing plans, cost control strategies, risk management strategies, and other significant operational items with the goal of increasing and maximizing value.
- Assist with the management of various construction/rehab projects.
- Assist with Due Diligence to support property acquisitions and/or dispositions.
- Various other job duties that the Senior Director of Asset Management may deem necessary for the portfolio.
- Highly self-motivated, confident and driven.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Strong intellect and strategic thinker with solid quantitative, financial and analytical skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues, third party management and equity partners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to move freely around the office for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Preferred Experience/ Minimum Qualifications
- Proficient with spreadsheets and other business software such as Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Familiarity with Yardi and other industry standard software.
- Impeccable integrity, trustworthiness, and reputation within the real estate industry.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence and achieving goals.
- Work effectively independently and as a member of various teams.
- Enthusiastically support innovation by testing software, processes and organizational changes and providing feedback.
Why Join TruAmerica Multifamily?
- We’ll give you the autonomy and resources to make an impact.
- Competitive Compensation and Bonus Eligibility.
- Opportunity to invest with other employees in an executive pool.
- Employer sponsored benefits (Medical, FSA, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability and Life) package including 401k with employer matching contribution.
- Competitive Vacation that respects your time away to observe, have fun or simply rejuvenate.
- Generous employee engagement initiatives, training and more!
TruAmerica Multifamily is proud of our commitment to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.