Multi-Site Community Manager
We are seeking a bright and energetic Multi-Site Community Manager in Glendale, CA. The community manager will be responsible for all aspects of community operations.
We believe excellence in management is not a product but rather a team-oriented process. We enhance the process by recognizing and embracing innovations in both technology and methodology, which in turn maximize property performance for our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors and directs rental activity, assuming ultimate responsibility for occupancy management.
- Verifies weekly traffic and closing ratio numbers, ensuring compliance with company standards.
- Monitors and directs all on-site marketing/advertising, maintaining an ongoing, in-depth knowledge of the associated market.
- Performs monthly Shop and review of current rents and occupancy of the competition, their continued appropriateness as a comparison, as well as other relevant rents in the marketplace.
- Advises Regional Property Supervisor of pricing strategy, opportunities for adjusting rental rates, and all changes in the marketplace.
- Reviews Market Survey monthly with Regional Property Supervisor and staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the success of all aspects of the Corporate Housing Program.
- Directs the day-to-day activities of maintenance, landscaping, and other community operations in compliance with company standards.
- Keeps accurate records of current space conditions including roof, HVAC, utilities, and special circumstances.
- Maintains an established minimum percentage of vacant apartments in market-ready condition.
- Maintains an established minimum downtime standard for the preparation of market-ready apartments.
- Performs monthly Property Inspection and prepares monthly Property Inspection reports.
- Performs monthly Property Inspection and prepares monthly Property Inspection reports, including a 30-day remedy plan and follow-up documentation.
- Monitors revenue transactions, check endorsements, and deposit procedures.
- Monitors timely rent collection and processing of payables.
- Monitors operating income/expense budgets and capital budgets which reflect the owner's objectives for operating the property, cash flow requirements, and leasing strategy.
- Administers budgets and performs operational review and analysis of corrective action needed.
- Prepares legal documentation to ensure collections, serving as the property representative in court proceedings while demonstrating knowledge of all community legal issues affecting residency, storage, abandonment, bankruptcy, and unlawful detainer/eviction actions.
- Recommends and implements programs that contribute to community profitability.
- Analyzes and distributes monthly financial statements including operating variances from budget, cash management, and strategies for collection of receivables.
- Verifies accurate preparation of all Yardi/MRI and other reports.
- Assists in long-range planning for the community by maintaining a current and accurate assessment of the community’s physical plan and operations.
- Directs the day-to-day activities of loss prevention, risk management, safety, and security, including monthly nighttime common area lighting audits and safety programs, including holding monthly safety meetings.
- Develops a network of emergency services and is available for 24 hours/weekend coverage and resident functions as required.
- Attends education workshops and company-sponsored events.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), some college preferred; and two to three years directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience indirect supervision of the staff of two or more. One to three years of sales and marketing management experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Yardi, MRI, Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software; Internet software, and Contact Management systems.
Other Qualifications: Knowledge of budgets and financial statements, with the ability to work within budgeted guidelines. Working knowledge of eviction law (previous court appearance experience preferred), Fair Housing mandates, and other legal issues affecting community management. Demonstrated knowledge of legal issues which affect community operations, specifically all steps required in the eviction process, bankruptcy, abandonment, storage, and Fair Housing. Knowledge of any local ordinances which affect community operations, including rent control documents and security deposit issues. If applicable, knowledge of Bond and Section 8, local rent control ordinances, and local ordinances affecting deposits/interest.
Certificates and Licenses: ARM / CAM designation, and/or Real estate License preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises all employees assigned to the property. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. While performing the duties of