Do you want to be part of a values-driven, 60+ year-old, multi-state company where customers and employees drive our success?
Decron Properties Corp. is a diversified real estate company specializing in the acquisition, development, and management of multifamily apartment buildings, commercial shopping centers, and office buildings.
Our Mission: We Create Great Communities Where We Live, Work, and Shop
Integrity :Do the Right Thing
Teamwork: Everyone Together
Empathy: Care for Our Customer
Pride: Respect Our Work
Accountability: Own It
Continuous Improvement :Never Stop Growing
Our Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-term Disability, 401k with matching, and more!
The Residential Community Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, preventive maintenance and construction or renovation projects for the residential apartment community.
Reports to: Community Manager..
Supervises: Under the direction of the Community Manager, supervises the onsite Maintenance personnel, which may include maintenance technicians, porters, groundskeepers and housekeepers.
- Under the direction of the Community Manager, supervises and schedules maintenance activities for the apartment community and maintenance staff.
- Handle resident relations with tact, diplomacy and courteous communications.
- Works with the office team and the Community Manager walking the apartments, scheduling make-ready work, updating reports. Determines weekly make-ready schedule and Service Request schedules. Reports apartments that are ready to show to the Community Manager.
- Maintain community appearance. Ensure repairs are scheduled and completed on a timely basis.
- Participate on daily tours and inspection with Community Manager.
- Complete daily/weekly maintenance employee schedules in tandem with the Community Manager.
- Communicates assignments and projects to the maintenance staff. Provide immediate instruction and assistance as needed.
- Periodically check the work progress of each maintenance employee. Make sure they have all the instructions necessary to complete the assignments.
- Provide input to the Community Manager regarding employee performance evaluations, employee compliments from residents, corrective counseling needs.
- Assist Community Manager in recruiting and interviewing potential staff members.
- Respond promptly to resident complaints, concerns and requests.
- Enforce company policies and community rules with consistency and fairness.
- Maintenance Supervisors are required to be “on call.”
Maintenance & Service:
- Coordinate, schedule and respond to resident/management requests and Service Requests for occupied apartments.
- Use Service Requests and schedules to establish priorities. Determine with Community Manager requests or emergencies that should be top priority. Assign service requests equally to Service technicians. Monitor the completion of the service request in order to limit callbacks.
- Repair/replace appliances.
- Repair/replace plumbing systems.
- Repair/replace air conditioning/heating/electrical systems.
- Repair/replace any apartment material within scope of management responsibility.
- Monitor the number of times a specific repair must be repeated. Determine course of action with Community Manager.
- Coordinate, schedule and prepare vacant apartments for move-in.
- Walk all vacancies to determine make-ready needs. Coordinate effort with Community Manager to schedule, order and assign.
- If major appliances or carpeting needs replacing, discuss with Community Manager before taking action.
- Ensure all repairs/replacements necessary for apartment to be ready for move-in are completed.
- Ensure all trash from apartments is removed before, during and after make-ready activity.
- Protect against damage to the asset from inclement weather (table umbrellas, flags, banners, landscaping).
- Obtain proposals from vendors as needed for projects. Analyze scopes of work and make sure the comparison is “apples to apples.” Submit to Community Manager.
- Coordinate and schedule appropriate safety and skills training for maintenance employees.
- Assess training needs and provide input to Community Manager and Training Director.
- Provide one-on-one training to employees who may need to polish current skills or who wish to learn new skills. Prepare, train and encourage all levels of maintenance staff for the opportunity to be promoted.
- Provide initial safety training for all new employees.
- Identify and correct hazardous community conditions. Tour the property daily to look for liability hazards and immediately report them to the Community Manager. Repair hazards or assign completion to technician. Periodically complete written property safety audits.
- Coordinate, schedule and perform preventive maintenance on equipment and buildings.
- Working with Community Manager and Property Budget, determine supplies and equipment to be ordered/replaced. Must get approval from Community Manager before ordering major expenditures and unbudgeted items.
- Provide input to Community Manager for next budget year.
Attendance is an essential job function.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted or modified at any time by the management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify, Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer, Empleador de Igualdad de Oportunidades
Thank you for considering Decron Properties as your career choice.
Thank you for applying for a position at Decron Properties!