Project Analyst II
San Francisco, CA
Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Established in 1981, TNDC has grown to employ more than 450 staff, to develop, own, manage and provide supportive services in 43 properties that offer deeply affordable housing for nearly 6,000 tenants, and to expand its work in community organizing and afterschool programming. TNDC is viewed as a trusted and well-organized community ally locally and a practice leader nationally. In San Francisco, TNDC envisions diverse communities where people with low incomes can fulfill their potential and meet their basic needs. In the Tenderloin, TNDC stands as a catalyst for advancing community interests and a force for expanding the choices that enhance livability, such as housing, employment, education, food, cultural activities, and open spaces.
TNDC values are: Integrity, Excellence, Inclusion, Collaboration and Equity
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Property Operations the Project Analyst II assists with financial analyses and project tracking methodologies to ensure the success and efficiency of assigned projects and focuses on departmental wide efforts. This position is also responsible for independently implementing, managing, and maintaining ongoing projects, creating monthly property and financial reports, conducting research, analysis of property management costs and supporting TNDC’s process improvements in Yardi, a property management and accounting software. The Project Analyst II also supports the Director of Property Operations (DPO) and Property Management Leadership as necessary. Develops and maintains key department performance metrics and scorecards, quantitative reporting, and goal reporting.
- Responsible for property management data consolidation, data analysis and management reporting, to include management of database admin/data consolidation and process improvement projects.
- Supports the annual budget process.
- Serves as project manager or backup for assigned projects: manages agendas/minutes, tracks tasks, issues and action items, escalates risks and issues as necessary to the DOP and SDPO.
- Leads financial analysis of property operational expenses and identify areas for cost savings.
- Supports housing site managers in accessing data and in conducting financial or other analysis.
- Audits invoicing to ensure pricing is in accordance with contracts.
- Coordinates system data transfers, generate monthly scorecards for the department and provide analyses.
- Creates internal reports for the DPO, SDPO, ADPO and other staff, as requested.
- Supports the management of TNDC’s family of affordable housing ownership entities.
- Manages data analytics and entry using Yardi property management and accounting software
- Collaborates with Associate Director of Finance and Systems to support data management in Yardi.
- Act as PM central information conduit, data integrity steward, workflow administrator, and troubleshooter.
- Manage the tracking and monitoring of multiple processes and procedure workflows in property management.
- Manage the tracking and monitoring of the preferred vendor list to make sure there is compliance on contracts, warranties, and pricing.
- Establish traces and audits property management reporting to proactively look for trends in data & impact measurement and identify actionable opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for data entry and data management of vacancies into the City’s referral systems
- Assists the DPO, ADPO, SDPO, Associate Director of Compliance, and Facilities Director with special projects.
- A Four-year college degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in related position; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and in SQL
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and to follow instructions with minimum supervision.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high degree of accuracy is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate professionally and effectively
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, meet competing deadlines, gather and analyze information, and solve problems skillfully and timely
- Ability to convey data and associated results in a meaningful and condensed way
- B.S. in business administration, economics, finance, mathematics preferred.
- Knowledge of Property Management software systems (Yardi, OneSite, MRI)
- Knowledge of Accounting Software (Great Plains, MIP)
- Use of OneDrive, Teams, Zoom, Microsoft Office Suite, and other technology as productivity tools to support data and impact measurement needs.
- Ability to work with, and sensitivity to, a diverse, low-income, multi-ethnic population.
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Willing to learn, committed to improving and staying abreast of industry practices in data and impact measurement.
Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (August 13, 2014), all qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position.