Skilled Maintenance Tech Needed, Renovat
JOB DESCRIPTION: Maintenance Technician
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance activities in an apartment community. The Maintenance Technician reports to and seeks approval from the Maintenance Supervisor and Business Manager. The Maintenance Technician is expected to provide superior service to promote resident satisfaction and demonstrate professionalism. The position requires strong organizational ability and excellent technical skills.
- Be aware of and take action on issues relating to safety on the site or in the units.
- Provide required or requested reports in a timely manner.
- Immediately inform the Business Manager of the following: Resident issues, health and safety issues, building defects or deficiencies, mold issues, and employee issues.
- Ensure work areas and tools are always kept clean, organized, and neat, including the shops, golf carts and make ready units.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to team members, residents and vendors regarding all relevant matters.
- Follow safe working standards and practices at all times. Attend regular safety meetings as required by management.
- Participate in Company tool program by insuring all tools and equipment are in good working order; proper use and care for tools and equipment.
- If requested, participate in training other company associates.
- Request a Purchase Order from the Maintenance Supervisor or Business Manager prior to making any purchases, or scheduling onsite work.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance; set the example for excellent job performance.
- Fully understand and comply with all company policies and procedures, including accurate timekeeping practices.
- Provide all requested paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstrate a customer service attitude to fellow team members, residents and service providers.
- Maintain and apply proficiency in maintenance trades including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, painting, carpentry, landscaping and pool operation.
- Be capable of performing typical independent assignments consistent with code requirements and good working practices. Such assignments might include: troubleshoot, repair, or replace HVAC equipment, plumbing fixtures, electric switches, breakers, and receptacles; operate and repair all pool equipment including seasonal opening and closing; move, install, repair, replace all appliances; install, repair, and replace drywall, counters, and cabinetry; and perform all landscaping tasks.
- Oversee or perform, as assigned, the turn process to prepare apartments for new residents, including scheduling employees and service providers, inspecting finished work to ensure compliance with company standards and completing a final inspection prior to the Business Manager.
- When requested, perform preventive maintenance duties including weekly light check of all exterior and common area lights.
- Respond to emergency situations when scheduled to be on-call.
- Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, and integrity and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance. Project a professional image and demeanor. Understand, apply and comply with all company policies and procedures. Dependable vehicle and proof of driver license and automobile insurance.
- As an employee of Hunt Pacific Management Corporation, you may be required to work at an apartment community other than your primary assignment as requested by management.
Specialized skills, knowledge, experience and educational requirements
- High School Diploma (required).
- Above average verbal and writing skills.
- Minimum one year experience in property maintenance or general construction, with a working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and lock repair or replacement.
- Possess licenses or certificates associated with professional or regulatory organizations (FMA, HVAC Certificate, EPA certification) or otherwise qualified to obtain such licenses.
Physical and general requirements
- Frequent standing, sitting, walking, stooping, bending, climbing stairs and ladders, stretching.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds and over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Work in heated environment wearing personal protective equipment.
- Where applicable, ability to shovel snow, place ice melt on sidewalks and use snow blower.
- Ability to provide “on-call” service after regular work schedule as assigned by Business