Oak Garden Apartments
Maintenance Tech & Grounds Keeper
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN & GROUNDSKEEPER
Our Company: A Quiet-Gated 56 unit Apartment Community, located in the Town & Country / Arden Arcade area of Sacramento is looking for a Full Time Maintenance Technician and Groundskeeper who is Hardworking, Happy, Self-Motivated, Good Communicator, Great Attitude, Good Sense of Humor, Experienced.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Take and prioritize service orders and handle each order in an efficient and timely manner
* Examine and diagnose problems with HVAC units (heat pumps, indoor air-handlers) for apartments and perform any necessary maintenance or repairs is a plus but not required
* Interact on a regular basis with Management and Residents
* Repair or replace any kitchen appliances; to include refrigerators, stoves, D/W, garbage disposals.
* Perform plumbing repairs, to include; toilets, sinks, bathtubs, faucets, drains, hot water heaters
* Repair and replace light fixtures, switches, outlets, ceiling & bathroom fans, circuit breakers, and perform other minor electrical work
* Repair or replace doors, locks, screens, tile, patio / balcony enclosures, drywall, caulking, carpentry
* Paint interior and exterior of units/buildings.
* Knowledge & understanding of unit turn process with ability to turn units timely
* Groundskeeper – Landscape maintenance, knowledge of sprinklers install & repair, pressure washer, blower, landscaping tools & equipment.
* Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
* Prior Maintenance experience required.
* Prior customer service experiences
* Strong organizational skills
* Good English, verbal and written communication skills required.
* Certified in HVAC unit repair and maintenance is a plus but not required
* Skilled in repair and maintenance of apartment appliances, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, drywall, screens, windows, doors, locks, sinks, countertops, kitchen cabinetry, groundskeeper skills with experience in sprinkler systems install & repairs
* Skilled in all aspects of safety protocols for yourself and others “Safety Comes First”
• Ability to work on-call hours as needed.
* 5+ years of prior multi- family maintenance experience
* Must have groundskeeper skills & enjoy working outside with landscaping
* Must have professional communication skills, both verbal and written
* Must have strong organizational skills
* Ability to follow oral & written instructions from management
* Must be able to work alone, self motivated, & likes to keep busy
* Must be able to work in environmentally and physically challenging working conditions and all weather types here in Sacramento
* Must be in good health and physical condition, able to lift 50lbs or more
* Valid driver’s license, auto insurance required, reliable transportation
* Have own hand tools is a plus
* Ability to manage emergency situations
* Background-check & drug-screen may be required
Great work environment, well-kept apartment community, friendly & pleasant residents.
Wages: based on experience – negotiable