Business Initiative Associate
Woodland Hills, CA
At Essex, we provide outstanding communities in which to live, work and invest. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more. Essex is committed to engaging, enabling, and empowering associates to thrive. We invite you to experience this exciting employee journey with us!
A proven leader in West Coast apartments. Essex is a fully integrated real estate investment trust (REIT) that acquires, develops, redevelops, and manages multifamily apartment communities located in supply-constrained markets. With a commitment to the vibrant coastal economies in which we operate, we continually push to innovate, improve, and add value to the lives of our residents, associates, and shareholders.
Ancillary Income is an integral part of the Asset Management department and is focused on maximizing returns on the real estate portfolio through business development and other ancillary programs. The full-time Associate will support the Ancillary Income department’s programs and other initiatives while directly reporting to the Manager of Ancillary Income.
The Business Initiative Associate will be responsible for planning and overseeing Ancillary programs to ensure that key business requirements are being met, in addition to tracking and communicating critical items and timelines with stakeholders. This role will be directly involved in several ongoing programs as well as ongoing review of additional value add opportunities through partnerships with external partners, preparing performance updates on a normal reporting schedule, and assist in preparing intracompany communications plans related to these programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with Ancillary Income Manager in strategic planning of Ancillary program implementations and other department goals.
- Partner with the business (Operations, Operational Services, IT, Asset Management) to understand the organization’s goals in order to determine project scope and deliverables.
- Improve project quality by leveraging best practices, metrics, lessons learned and stakeholder feedback.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Act as a liaison between operations and vendors; communicate contract information and expected deliverables to Operations teams.
- Maintain and manage contracts with vendors.
- Responsible for the direct support, coordination, and implementation of day-to-day administrative and programmatic departmental needs.
EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3+ years related experience required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Candidate must also possess strong computer skills and can work within tight deadlines and handle multiple priorities at one time.
Note: Job duties listed above are an outline only and not an exhausted list. Tasks may be modified in the future depending on the needs of your department.