Area Director of Operations (On
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing departmental oversight for all maintenance and custodial operations for their neighborhood while working alongside the Department of Residence Life to help support the student experience. This person serves as a liaison to the University of Kentucky Physical Plant Division, and Auxiliary Services department. Additionally, the Area Director is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of their area budgets.
- Directs, supervises, trains, and evaluates the Assistant Director of Facilities and oversees the area’s maintenance team.
- Works in partnership with UK, Greystar and other stakeholders to ensure daily facility management and operations are successful.
- Attends regular UK and Greystar meetings.
- Supports the development of Capital Improvement and Preventive Maintenance Plans.
- Actively participates in the financial preparation of the yearly budgets and monthly forecasting.
- Manages expenses and acts in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Works with the Summer Conference Coordinator to ensure units and facilities are clean, well maintained, and move in ready for guests and conference groups.
- Represents the company and establishes a collaborative relationship with University departments and partners.
- Engages in constant evaluation and development of policies and procedures.
- Assists with coordination and support of maintaining operations during emergencies and crisis situations.
- Oversees contracts as they relate to custodial, laundry, pest control, elevators, and other services within the facilities.
- Works with Auxiliary Services to ensure efficient move-in and move-out of facilities, as well as proper response and reporting of FixIt tickets.
- Manages life safety initiatives and works in conjunction with UK leadership and the UK Fire Marshall to maintain safe living learning environments.
- Participates in annual safety walks with UK administration and follows up on any concerns.
- Other duties as identified by Greystar or UK
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs