Senior Service Supervisor
Jersey City, NJ
- Manages the completion of all work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as ensuring routine upkeep on the property is diagnosed and repaired or replaced in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements and budgetary requirements.
- Oversees the “make-ready” process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch” list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, and inspecting completed work.
- Develops standards for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the community’s grounds, amenities, building exteriors, market ready unit interiors, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots, and other buildings and common areas to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of the community and Greystar standards.
- Periodically inspects work performed by other service team members to assess effectiveness of policies and procedures and develop corrective action plans as needed.
- Periodically inspects work performed by contractors, vendors and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as required.
- Maintains and orders adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials as needed to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Prepares the maintenance and capital expense budget for the property by analyzing and evaluating financial statements, and accessing operational reports that establish historic and predict performance patterns based on yearly unit inspections.
- Completes monthly Preventative Maintenance procedures as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by ensuring parts are repaired when possible rather than replaced. Ensures team is not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
- Conducts regularly scheduled Greystar safety meetings, ensure all MSDS sheets are current and readily accessible, and keeps up to date on all OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements to ensure property compliance.
- Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering questions from your team and residents, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs