Mission Statement: Everything we do is centered around the Resident experience. We specialize in enhancing your lifestyle, creating an unrivaled living experience and cultivating lasting memories that distinguish our communities as best in-class.
Position: Regional Property Manager
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
This is an opportunity for a forward-thinking leader to help manage, develop and build a diverse team of property management professionals that serve over 1,900 units in the greater Sacramento area. The candidate will work collaboratively with our various other teams: the marketing team, internal and external trainers, business intelligence, development and construction project team, and property management teams to ensure company goals are achieved or exceeded and the operations of these assets run smoothly. The candidate must demonstrate exceptional leadership and communication skills to carry out the core mission of the company.
- Oversees apartment assets within the assigned regional portfolio.
- Interact with multiple senior-level stakeholders including construction, development and corporate executive leadership.
- Oversee and evaluate personnel for all field positions. Ensure that the right functions and talent are in place within the assigned teams.
- Provide mentoring, training and career guidance to onsite teams.
- Responsible to recruit, hire, and train onsite associates.
- Ensure timely communication and successful hand-off of new projects from development and construction team to property staff.
- Communicate operations business plans and make recommendations to ownership on a regular basis.
- Align key stakeholders in the company on revenue, expenses, CapEx projects and other key strategy programs.
- Formulates and oversees the implementation of annual business plans and short and long-term property operations strategies for each of the assigned properties within the portfolio.
- Continually evaluate each asset, identify key issues, and work with assigned team to develop and implement plans to improve property performance including:
§ Income and expense budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
§ Maintenance, asset preservation and capital improvements
§ Marketing, competitive market analysis, and leasing plans
§ Rent analysis and pricing strategy
§ Communication, property administration, accounting
§ Regular site tours and property inspections
- Supervise and direct the efforts of Community Managers and other associates to achieve budgeted property level goals and objectives.
- Oversee on-site administration and processes to ensure compliance with company’s procedures and policies.
- Champion Demmon Partners purpose by leading the team with honesty and integrity, building collaboration and teamwork, creating a rewarding, competitive environment, and delivering outstanding service. Ensure all associates embody Demmon diamond service values and standards.
- Conduct and ensure all associates comply with safety guidelines and align all work practices to achieve the company safety objective of zero accidents.
- Ensures quality implementation of all company branding initiatives through quarterly site visits including: performance branding, curb appeal and merchandising, marketing and advertising.
- Assist in the development and implementation of companywide training programs that focus on driving revenue and reducing operating expenses.
- Collaborate with project team to ensure effective marketing of assets during launch, roll out and beyond to ensure buildings’ optimization
- Oversee the entire Demmon Partners portfolio ensuring that building operations are fiscally sound and achieving the financial performance goals, and the properties are well managed and maintained.
- Manage and direct the Demmon Partners property management staff which includes hiring, supervising, coaching, and professional development.
- Lead and foster a customer service-oriented approach towards the people served by the property management team to meet the Demmon diamond level service objectives.
- Lead and foster a collaborative environment amongst team members with a mentorship mentality focused on growing not only the business but the people who work there.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are in place and followed that promote and maintain positive relations with Residents and the community.
- Work collaboratively with Executives to prepare annual operating and capital improvement budgets and long-term management plans for all properties and ensure timely completion and submission of financial reports to regulatory agencies, partners and investors.
- Review, analyze, interpret and summarize financial, occupancy, and other property operating reports and advise management and offer and execute on improvements or solutions where necessary
- Assist with the due diligence process on investment opportunities and later the implementation/translation of the asset's business plan to the property management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or CPM designation preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Background in delivering, implementing and creating curriculum for company training programs
- Strong focus on results
- Familiarity and proven success with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in property and revenue management
- Working history with property management software such as Yardi, LRO and CRM
- A minimum of three years of experience in a leadership role
- Demonstrated project management skills