Assistant Maintenance Supervisor
Canoga Park, CA
We are growing!
Sares Regis Group of Newport Beach, California, is a privately held real estate development, investment and management firm that focuses on commercial properties and multifamily communities in the western U.S. Since its founding in 1993, SRG has developed and acquired more than $7 billion in commercial and residential assets. The company manages a combined portfolio of approximately 25 million square feet of office and industrial space and 23,500 apartment units.
OPPORTUNITY: ASSISTANT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR - CANOGA PARK, CA
SRG is seeking an experienced Assistant Maintenance Supervisor for our beautiful 277-unit Vert community! This is an excellent opportunity in a beautiful location for someone looking to grow their career in the property management industry!
Duties include but aren't limited to:
• Works in turnover and renovation units, as well as responds to maintenance service requests.
• Works on external, as well as internal repairs which may include, but is not limited to, drywall repairs, painting, fence and gate repairs, plumbing installation or repairs, appliance repairs, boilers and HVAC systems, and common area clean-up.
• Participates in emergency and after hours coverage based on the established schedule or as required.
• Sets up and operates equipment and machine tools.
• Coordinates employee work schedules, and may monitor performance of recurring contractors (i.e., cleaners, painters, exterminators, etc.).
• Assists in maintaining an appropriate level of inventory and prepares related paperwork.
• Knows and educates staff relative to safety and incident reporting.
• At least 2-3 years maintenance experience with appliance repair, HVAC experience, plumbing and electrical.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skill in performing quality work; able to use required tools and machinery; professional interaction with co-workers, residents and vendors; knowledge and continued education of OSHA requirements; knowledge of MSDS requirements appropriate to the scope of work.
• Ability to read and interpret service orders and documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Lease up experience a plus!
• Excellent customer service skills a must!
• HVAC certification, preferred.
• Ability to work weekends required.
Salary range is $24.00 - $26.00/Hr. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(K) match, rental incentive and renewal compensation, bonuses, and rental discounts depending on location.
Regular full-time employees who work between 30-40 hours a week are eligible for medical, dental, vision, other voluntary benefits and vacation accrual. Sick time accrual is provided in accordance with law.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER All positions contingent on completion of successful background screen and drug test.