Front Desk Supervisor
San Francisco, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Non Exempt
State::CA City:San Francisco
Creating a better way to liveis the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our property operations team as Front Desk Supervisor.
Under the direction of the Community Manager, the Front Desk Supervisor will be responsible for supervising all functions of the front desk and concierge staff. In addition to working a shift, the Front Desk Supervisor will supervise a team of 6 additional concierges and provide day to day direction for the concierge staff in accordance with the company's guidelines, procedures and customer service standards. He or she will also handle escalated resident issues and work with the Community Manager and Maintenance Manager as a liaison to provide resolutions.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing the staff schedule
- Managing temporary help
- Providing coaching and counseling for team and individual development
- Training new and existing concierges
- Interviewing potential candidates
- Addressing resident concerns
- Maintaining current concierge service levels and implementing new services as needed
- Coordinating with office and maintenance teams to communicate with residents
This position requires a flexible schedule and the ability to work with and train staff during weekday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
Qualified candidates will have 1-3 years of multifamily experience or related experience/education in a hotel, retail or restaurant environment. High school diploma or equivalency (GED) is required. Bachelor's degree and previous supervisory experience preferred.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click on Benefits for information.
- growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- A significant discount on our incredible apartment homes
- A culture built on purpose and our core values —A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.