Maintenance Supervisor Needed
Founded in 1983, Cannon Management maintains its original company objective: "Excellence in Property Management Services." The simply-stated goal has fostered steady growth for over 30-years, and we currently manage over 100 properties with approximately 20,000 units.
We are experiencing tremendous growth – over 200% within the past six-years – and we are currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for one of our communities in Indio, CA.
*Onsite living available.
- Supervisory Skills:
- Perform initial evaluations of building systems and distribute work orders; prioritize most urgent requests
- Oversee and coordinate a maintenance team; inspect work completed – provide feedback to the team concerning opportunities for improvement
- Direct the follow-up and follow-through of work orders; confirm work is complete, accurate, including resident satisfaction
- Evaluate problematic systems and determine the needed repair
- Proactive approach to maintaining the property
- Assist Community Manager with budget preparation and oversight
- Maintenance Skills:
- General knowledge of the following:
- Drywall repair
- Appliances – repair and installation
- Common understanding of carpentry
- Ability to troubleshoot maintenance issue and execute appropriate repair
- A minimum of 4 years previous residential apartment maintenance experience
- A minimum of one (1) year maintenance supervisor experience
- Familiarity with the maintenance demands of a 200+ unit property
- Positively lead, coach, and mentor other maintenance team members
- Weekends/holidays may be required
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to remain calm in a difficult situation
- Must be able to participate in the on-call rotation
- Must have a valid driver license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage
- Proactive, forward-thinker who demonstrates initiative to get the job done
- HVAC certification required
Cannon Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k) match program, and paid time off. Applicants under consideration for employment must pass a background check and drug test.