This position is for a full-time Janitor to work at Pua Loke and Waimea Huakai, affordable housing communities in Lihue and Waimea, HI (Kauai). Qualified candidate will have 1+ years of janitorial/groundskeeping experience. Must be able to operate power floor scrubber/polisher, carpet shampoo machine and power washer. Candidate may be asked to work weekends and after hours, as needed.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450 EAH develops multifamily communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition JANIT02417 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
The Janitor maintains property; conducts routine property checks to ensure they are clean and well maintained. Assists the Maintenance Technician as needed with repairs and common area cleaning.
- Sweeps, Mops, Scrubs and Vacuums Common Area
- Checks light bulbs weekly and replace as needed.
- Assists in maintaining swimming pool(s) and equipment (if applicable).
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Empties Common Area Trash and garbage containers.
- Notifies maintenance technicians or supervisor about needs for repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment.
- Cleans debris from sidewalk and other traffic areas.
- Assists Maintenance Technicians and Maintenance Supervisor as needed.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident, applicant and or employee information.
- 1+ Year of Related Janitorial Experience
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985