Company Mission Statement
Felson Companies’ mission is “to create the most inviting living experience for our residents possible by thoroughly understanding resident needs and optimizing operational efficiencies to fulfill those needs.”
Scope and Purpose
The responsibility of the Leasing Consultant is to assist the Community Manager with the management of the apartment community in the most professional, economical, and profitable manner for the benefit of the owners and the safety, privacy, and comfort of the residents, while fully complying with the policies of Felson Companies. It is the responsibility of the Leasing Consultant to perform all duties in full compliance with the rules and regulations of Felson Companies (Felson), Cal-OSHA, Fair Housing, and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
This position is non-exempt, employment at-will, and full-time.
This role will report to the Community Manager.
The Leasing Consultant will be based at one of the Communities operated by Felson Companies. There may be occasional support to provide coverage at other properties in the portfolio.
This role will operate a 9am – 6pm schedule, either Sunday – Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday.
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities listed below are not all-inclusive. However, they are indicative of the type of activities normally performed by the Leasing Consultant.
- Marketing and Leasing
- Provide marketing support by generating leasing traffic, securing appointments, touring prospective residents, closing transactions, verifying applications, and moving residents in.
- Accurately complete all leasing materials such as guest cards (on all prospects), leases, and resident paperwork.
- Perform daily/weekly walks of the Community’s grounds and vacant units to ensure the Community is clean and that show units are in prime, move-in ready condition.
- Complete periodic market surveys of competing apartment communities and have strong knowledge of what is happening in the market area
- Assist in maintaining Social Media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linked In and Yelp to retain and attract residents
- Create and organize community events such as Saturday Ice Cream Socials, Movie Nights, National Night Out, etc.
- Participate in outside marketing with local vendors.
- Offer extraordinary customer service to ensure residents and prospective residents have a satisfactory experience at the Community
- Assist in coordinating communication of information regarding activities conducted at the Community through the use of memos, written reports, and direct communication.
- Acquaint residents with leasing documentation, Community rules and policies, emergency procedures, and apartment features
- Educate residents regarding the community’s commitment to reducing environmental impact through recycling, composting, water reduction, etc.
- Post resident notices when necessary
- Answer all incoming phone calls timely and professionally
- Respond to e-mail inquiries within a 4 hour window
- Create purchase orders and order goods and services as directed by the Community or Service Manager
- Create, update and close out “Work Orders” in the property management software
- Maintain resident, unit and vendor files
- Perform all duties while always looking out for the interest of Felson Companies.
- Be knowledgeable of all emergency policies and procedures.
- Ensure the safety, comfort, and privacy of all residents.
- Perform grounds pick-up duties daily along with all maintenance staff.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- This position deals with outside personnel such as residents and vendors on a regular basis and it is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people.
- The location of the position changes frequently from indoors to outdoors, as such it is necessary to adapt to frequently changing environmental conditions.
- This position requires physical exertion such as frequent bending, twisting, stretching, stooping, reaching overhead, walking on uneven ground, sitting and standing. Employee must be able to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 20 lbs on a regular basis.
- This position requires that the person be able to quickly move his/her hands, and grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- This position requires the person to be able to exert himself/herself physically over long periods of time without getting winded or out of breath.
- This position requires exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
- This position requires a valid California driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
- This position requires regular and consistent attendance at the Community to which they are assigned.