Resident Apartment Community Manager
West Covina, CA
The Apartment Community Manager, is directly responsible for all aspects of the resident community and services of a 169 Unit Apartment Community in West Covina. This includes supervision of all team members to ensure efficient and profitable operation.
The responsibilities of the Apartment Community Manager are as follows:
- Provides leadership at the property and maintains assures that the environment of the property meets company standards.
- Projects a professional image in all aspects of work performance.
- Demonstrates good communication skills and helps ensure communication with residents, community, agencies, supervisors team members. Provides high level of customer service.
- Assigns responsibilities to individual team members as appropriate.
- Is available to respond to calls after hours for emergencies (the property has on site Maintenance).
- Completes and processes incident reports, forwards and follow-ups as appropriate. Adheres to OSHA related regulations and observes all required health and safety requirements.
- Reviews and evaluates all aspects of the property's operations and makes changes with approval of Regional Manager.
- Implements a system to achieve and maintain budgeted occupancy.
- Markets and leases new and turnover residential units.
- Reviews lease, responsibilities and policies with resident at move-in, inspects unit with resident.
- Enables and maintains financial solvency by monitoring all property and maintenance expenses.
- Supervises and monitors vendors in compliance with company policy.
- Implements system for providing all necessary services to residents, including the immediate acknowledgement and prompt action to correct complaints.
- Creates and supervises the schedules of all personnel to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Conducts periodic and regular inspection of grounds and building(s).
- Challenges all team members to achieve higher levels of performance by establishing and communicating clear goals.
- Within budget, continuously oversees inventory of supplies and equipment in order to control expenditures, maintains and reconciles purchase orders and expenditures.
- Makes day-to-day decisions on all matters related to operations.
This position requires the employee to live on site. A minimum of three years recent experience as manager of at least 100 apartment units in the state of California is required. Must be knowledgeable of California Landlord/Tenant and Fair Housing laws. Must be familiar with Outlook, Word, Excel and Yardi Voyager software. Organizational abilities, people skills, and good written and verbal communication skills are required.