Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Non Exempt
Creating a better way to liveis the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping to maintain the physical condition of the community to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you!We are looking for the right candidate to join our property operations team as a Maintenance Supervisor.
The Maintenance Supervisor will be maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the community and operating under the safety and operating standards set forth by AvalonBay. The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for leading a team in the maintenance efforts for an assigned community, including preventative maintenance and managing the physical aspects of the community's HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, major appliances and amenities. The Maintenance Supervisor will also perform the job duties of all positions supervised.
Qualified candidates will have 3-4 years experience in apartment maintenance or related field. HVAC and/or CFC certification a plus.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Compensation: depends on experience, hourly wage starts at $28.50 plus bonus and benefts
- Bonus: Residential Services Maintenance Bonus Plan
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click on Benefits for information.
- Opportunities to advance your skills and grow your career through promotion with on-the-job training and maintenance certifications
- Associate recognition (like our quarterly awards meetings and maintenance rallies)
- A significant discount on our incredible apartment homes
- A culture built on purpose and our core values —A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.