Lead Resource Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA
This position is for a full-time Lead Resource Coordinator to work at Pointe in Vermont in Los Angeles, CA. This Lead role will be supervising Resource Coordinators located in the Southern CA region. Travel may be required to visit various sites in the region. Position will be supervising staff working on special needs, multi-family and senior housing properties. Qualified candidates will have 5 years of prior social work experience, including working with individuals who have experienced homelessness. Pay is commensurate with experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multifamily communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to LEADR02412 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Examines the needs for on-site services and explores ways programs and services can be brought to the properties in assigned community, and as Lead Resource Coordinator, properties in assigned porfolio. Assists residents by connecting them with existing social services provided by public agencies or private practitioners. Supervises Resource Coordinators in the assigned portfolio.
- Utilizes and reviews results of intake survey/needs assessments to determine what types of programs and services would benefit the residents.
- Makes recommendations regarding programs and services based on survey results and needs of property/ies that align with StayWell service delivery model.
- Working with Senior Manager of Resident Services, develops resource coordination goals and programs consistent with property, portfolio and EAH goals.
- Coordinates and oversees the delivery of services and program activities to residents. Provides or oversees provision of assistance and referral services to all residents needing assistance in assigned community and portfolio. Recruits, assists and links residents with services and program activities.
- Sets up and maintains a directory of providers for use by project staff and residents. Educates residents on service availability application procedures, client rights, etc. Obtains resident feedback on effectiveness and quality of programs and their delivery.
- Monitors participating agency involvement for quality and compliance with memorandums of understanding. Maintains activity notes and resident participation reports, and prepares all statistical and narrative program reports as required by funding entities and EAH management.
- Attends all Resident Council meetings and works with the Council and residents to encourage higher levels of participation and access to program activities. Participates in design and implementation of program evaluation with Resident’s Council and EAH staff.
- Interfaces with provider agencies, public agencies, and community volunteer groups to maximize effectiveness of program activities.
- Supervises Resource Coordinators in assigned properties or portfolio. Ensures that properties in assigned portfolio provide services consistent with established EAH standards. With input from the Manager, Resident Services, Director, Resident Services and Resident Managers, prepares annual reviews for supervised staff. Provides mentorship to Resource Coordinators within assigned portfolio. Works with Manager, Resident Services to create individual training plans for each person supervised and coordinate all new hire training and mentoring.
- Working with Director, Resident Services, Manager, Resident Services and Communications Department, oversees and/or actively seeks grant funding and other sources of income to support the services budgets.
- Obtains written release/consent from residents to access their records.
- Works with Technology Programs Manager to develop and implement technology programs for residents.
- Participates in bi-monthly staff meetings with Manager, Resident Services.
- Assists the residents in building informal support networks with other residents, family and friends.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Social Service, healthcare, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. At least 5 years of social service experience working with the elderly, families and/or the disabled or some related field. At least 1 year experience supervising staff, strongly preferred.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985