Maintenance Technician- Onsite
M A I N T E N A N C E T E C H N I C I A N
Position Classification: Full Time: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Position Supervises: None
*Remote work is not available for this position.
Quality Management Group is committed to management of our properties with Precision and Care that leads to providing superior service to our clients, our residents and our team members. The Maintenance Technician is an integral component to delivering on our commitment.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for:
• Timely coordination, execution and thorough documentation of completion of repairs to common area and unit repairs. This includes physical systems maintenance, monitoring and forecasting physical interior and exterior components of the property.
• Administrative accountability includes use of mobile and fixed computerized applications to ensure that work assignments, progress, forecast and history is thoroughly and timely documented to support fiscal goals of the property.
The Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor, or to the Community Manager in the absence of a Maintenance Supervisor. The reporting hierarchy may also include management under a Senior Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Supervisor, Regional Maintenance Manager, Regional Property Manager, and Director of Property Management.
• Participation in all maintenance projects and training classes as directed.
• Comply with all aspects of Fair Housing and Harassment Awareness training and protocols in performance of all tasks and assignments.
• Maintain and be aware of safe work environment.
• Responsible for maintaining the exterior property in a safe, clean and attractive manner.
• Responsible for custodial work including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash and cleaning windows in all common areas.
• Responsible for identifying, documenting, and repairing health and safety risks on the property.
• Responsible for identifying, documenting and coordinating complete, correct and timely repairs to common areas where third party vendor participation is required.
• Responsible for recording, tracking and completing Yardi work orders on common areas and within residential units within established completion timelines.
• Responsible for maintaining maintenance shop and storage areas in clean and organized manner, and property equipment in good conditions.
• Assist in the scheduling and turning of vacant units prior to resident occupancy.
• Assist the Community Manager in annual apartment inspections.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding current contracts with vendors and suppliers.
• Responsible for after-hour, weekend and holiday emergency repair needs with maximum response time of one-half hour from the time call is received.
• Utilize company established protocols to forecast and maintain parts and supplies inventory for property repair needs.
• Responsible for understanding budget and exercising expense control of property Repairs and Maintenance, Unit Replacement, Contracted Services and Capital Repair budget categories.
• Manage and submit personal time and expense on a weekly basis to Supervisor.
• The Maintenance Technician does not have any direct reports. However, on larger sized properties, may oversee a Community Porter/Assistant Maintenance Technician
• Responsible for personal timekeeping.
• Must possess a valid California Driver License and automobile insurance to operate vehicles for company business.
• Must be able to read and speak English or read and speak English and Spanish as appropriate to the resident base, in order to effectively communicate between the Community Management team and the residents as well as between co-workers and supervisors.
• Maintain positive relationships with internal departments.
• Respond to Supervisor on all resident complaints in a timely and professional manner.
• Create a community of preservation and appeal based on clean and presentable environment that is contagious for our residents and noticeable to the community at large.
• Maintain a presentable and professional attire that is representative of the company standards.
• Assist Community Manager with various Resident Programs as directed.
• Assist Community Manager with ongoing positive relationships with residents and external agencies as directed.
• Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include travel and overnight stays at locations away from the employee’s home.
• This position may require the availability to work some nights, weekends and occasional holidays based upon the needs of the community.
• Must have personal inventory of tools related to performing general maintenance and facilities upkeep as outlined in Essential Skills.
• Other duties as requested.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to be flexible, a team player and interface professionally with all levels of internal and external customers
• Clear communication both written and oral including diplomacy and discretion
• Must have a strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Ability to work with and understand persons of all ethnic and family backgrounds
• Ability to build external relationships while positively promoting the organization
• Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks
• Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions
• Handle high stress situations effectively
• The ability to both prioritize and delegate as needed
• Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance
• Thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative, deadline-driven work environment and ability to manage a high level of detail
• A passion and strong understanding of our industry and our business mission
• Authorized to work in the United States for any employer
• Must have practical experience, working knowledge and ability to perform:
- Minor electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, etc.
- Minor plumbing repairs to clear drain stoppages, replace fittings and faucets,
- Replace broken tiles, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, window blinds, locks, etc.
- Perform minor carpentry work, such as fitting doors, repairing cabinetry, aligning and unsticking windows and doors, sanding and refinishing hardware and surfaces, fence repair and rebuild, etc.
- Grounds repairs of sprinklers, valves and timers.
- Minor masonry, concrete, roof, fencing, and painting.
- Other duties as may be needed relevant to facilities maintenance
• Working knowledge regarding water and gas meter shutoffs and sewer cleanouts for common areas and individual units.
• Understanding of MSDS protocols and procedures to maintain a safe working environment