Rohnert Park, CA
Summary: The Resident Manager of Vida Nueva Apartments is responsible for oversight of the daily operations of this apartment complex. The responsibilities include but are not limited to: reviewing applications for potential tenants, renting or leasing apartments, collection of rents and deposits, oversees use of community room, multi-purpose room, coordinates maintenance of property, investigates and resolves tenant complaints and issues, prepares necessary reports, and supervises on-site staff.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: The following reflects Burbank Housing’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Review tenant applications for eligibility; maintain and purge waiting lists; show available units.
- Follows Burbank Housing’s procedure for processing eligible applicants within the program guidelines attached to the property (i.e. TCAC, CHFA, HUD, RHCP). Works diligently to ensure that all new move-in files are complete and orderly.
- Attends training as needed and recommended by Burbank Housing. This training may require overnight stays out of town.
- Walks property at least twice per day (once in the morning and once in the evening) to assure residents of management presence and to monitor the overall appearance of the property.
- Attends regular in-house training and informational meetings offered by Burbank Housing.
- Ensures that vacant units are "turned" in the fastest possible time by monitoring timeliness of vendors and maintenance staff. Walks vacant unit daily to monitor progress of turn.
- Keeps property vacancy loss to a minimum by processing multiple applicants simultaneously upon receipt of notice of intent to vacate by current resident.
- Distributes rent bills, collects rent and security deposits for submittal to the accounting department. Works with accounting staff to facilitate smooth accounting procedures; fills out Tenant Status Change Orders in a timely fashion.
- Completes lease form, outlines conditions and terms of occupancy with new resident and completes relevant paperwork.
- Performs annual re-certification of tenants, completes required weekly reports, monthly reports, ticklers and compliance reports.
- Cooperates with compliance staff in submitting requested information for audits, inspections and annual reports for lenders and regulatory agencies.
- Supervises on-site staff, providing constant feedback through verbal and written communications, participates in annual performance reviews, sets priorities and goals, collection of time sheets, and oversight of work to ensure timeliness and a professional manner.
- Instructs tenants in emergency procedures, appliance use, and property rules.
- Investigates tenant complaints and resolves tenant issues, prepares written incident reports, prepares and serves tenant warning notices, 3-Day notices, 10-Day notices, and 30-Day notices, appears in eviction proceedings, and maintains a daily Manager’s log.
- Shows vacant units and applies approved marketing strategies to reduce vacancy loss.
- Conducts annual unit inspections, walk through of vacated units assessing any damage, cost of repairs, and arrange turnover repairs. Prepares security deposit refund statements and submits to accounting department for disbursement in accordance with lease provisions.
- With the Maintenance Crew Leader and Maintenance Operations Manager, schedules maintenance staff, engages subcontractors in repairing plumbing or electrical malfunctions, painting of apartments or buildings, and maintaining landscaping or gardening work, and prepares maintenance work orders for all maintenance work to be performed.
- May need to act as a repair person in an emergency.
- Provide local information of available nearby schools, shopping malls, recreational facilities, and public transportation.
- Oversees, coordinates, and maintains calendar of events and users for multi-purpose room and computer room use.
- Works in cooperation with Service Coordinator staff.
- Under the direction of the Director of Property Management, assist with the creation and implementation of new forms, policies and procedures related to on-site management.
- Under the direction of the Regional Property Manager, provide on-site, one-on-one training to new site managers and/or properties which may need assistance due to staffing and/or training issues
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications Requirements: The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made (except experience levels) to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Education and/or Experience: At least 3 years experience managing a large apartment complex, subsidized housing experience preferred. Real Estate license or college level property management course work is preferred.
- Commitment & enthusiasm towards achieving Burbank Housing’s Mission and Vision Statements.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task.
Language Skills: Proficiency in English is required in both spoken word and written language. Ability to read and interpret rental agreements, government regulations, and budgets. Ability to write effective business correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups and individuals.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy required.
Reasoning Abilities: Ability to analyze and interpret technical procedures and instructions. Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.