Finance Associate, Capital Markets
San Mateo, CA
At Essex, we provide outstanding communities in which to live, work and invest. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more. Essex is committed to engaging, enabling, and empowering associates to thrive. We invite you to experience this exciting employee journey with us!
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Associate will be an integral member of the Capital Markets team with significant accountability for financial analysis, modeling and capital markets activities. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate, manage and support Capital Markets in analysis, credit underwriting and presentations for both internal and external constituents
- Manage and maintain the existing secured loan portfolio and analyze new secured loan options and scenarios
- Monitor debt covenant compliance for the entire portfolio to ensure the Company is in compliance on all loan agreements
- Review loan documents and negotiate the Company’s key terms and structure for secured loans
- Create and manage various forecasts, scenario analyses, and ad hoc models for the department
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will have a high growth potential with a proven track record in the following:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in financial analysis or credit underwriting, real estate or banking industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, attention to detail and accuracy, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and effective collaborative working style
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier university/college, CFA or other advance degree a plus
COMPENSATION: We offer an exciting opportunity to grow and develop with a well established firm along with an attractive compensation package comprised of a base salary and annual performance incentive. Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.