ConAm Management Corporation is part of The ConAm Group, a multi-family property investment and management firm established in 1975 that specializes in conventional and affordable housing. We span across 12 states with 11 regional offices that employs a team of 1500+ energetic associates... and we're growing!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
ConAm is offering an exciting opportunity on the Fresno-Regional Accounting team as a full-time Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant is responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting, utilizing proper accounting techniques and principles. Ensures that work performed is in accordance with Con Am's standards and procedures. This sought-after position requires a demonstrated commitment to quality, accuracy, and professionalism by performing a variety of general ledger and accounting functions for a varied portfolio. Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a strong sense of urgency? Do you possess a strong work ethic? Do you take pride in the quality of your work? If so, then this is the position for you! This is a full-time hourly position | non - exempt, eligible for full time benefits. This is an onsite opportunity at our Fresno Regional office location.
WHY YOU ARE THE PERFECT FIT:
- At least two years relevant accounting experience
- Experience with the following:
- Maintaining general ledgers
- Financial report reviews and owner package preparation
- Reconciling bank statements and balance sheets
- A strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pass an accounting assessment
- Experience with the following Microsoft programs:
- Affordable/tax credit housing knowledge
- Property Management industry experience preferred
- Property management software such as Yardi
- Preparing cash projections
- Debt service, insurance, and property taxes
- Degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
Duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure all transactions are correctly entered and posted in system for both cash and accrual accounting.
- Coordinate with accounts payable, banking department, payroll, and RPM.
- Ensure owners receive their required set of reports according to the owner's specifications.
- Report review with managers, coordinate timely and accurate copying and mailing of owner packages to owner or regional office by support staff.
- Ensure all items are paid accurately and timely.
- Provide amortization schedules, work with banking to ensure adequate funding, auto-debits, wires taxes and Insurance are paid either by invoice or through impounds.
- Provide regional portfolio managers information regarding projected expenses.
- Prepare amortization schedules, estimate property tax and insurance increases. Provide a list of all permits, licenses and bonds for future year.
- Review AME reports sent from property for accuracy.
- Reconcile cash receipts to general ledger, follow up on any adjustments or corrections (if necessary) with regional systems coordinator and regional portfolio manager.
- Compare general ledger to bank statement, accounting for all activity going through bank account.
- Ensure individual accounts on the balance sheet are identified and properly recorded monthly.
- Verify and approve in-house expenses and payments for accuracy & timeliness.
- Ensure proper payment using the general ledger and vendor history.
- Ensure that properties have the funds available to pay all Con Am expenses.
- Prepare cash flow projections by coordinating with RPM and owners in securing funds for troubled properties.
- Ensure property is reimbursed for capital expenditures paid from operating funds.
- Identify all reimbursable expenses based upon replacement reserve agreement.
- Return calls and emails within 24 hours of receiving and acknowledging receipt providing estimated timing on responding to request.
- Answer and provide support to internal and external customers, including regional and community personnel, associates in other ConAm departments, and property owners or their representatives.
- Communicate and help fellow Accounting staff, ensuring all projects are complete and accurate.
3. All other duties as assigned.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
ConAm Management Corporation is an experienced, full service real estate and property management firm which has been in the business for over 40 years. The company has earned its reputation as an industry leader through commitment to excellence and high ethical standards. ConAm serves clients nationwide through a network of regional offices located in key metropolitan areas.
Our benefits are designed with our associates in mind. We offer associates who regularly work 30 hours or more per week, medical, dental, life, vision, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Not to mention we get to surround ourselves with amazing people we enjoy working with daily.
Applicants being considered for employment must pass a background check and a drug test. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you’d like to join the ConAm team please apply today!