Lead Maintenance Tech
South San Francisco, CA
Lead Maintenance Technician Job Summary
Here at Broadway Management Company, the position of Lead Maintenance Technician (“Lead Tech”) includes more than just directing others. We believe in the importance of leading by example and in understanding the responsibilities of those you manage.
As the Lead Tech, your day includes working closely with your team out on the property, executing scheduled maintenance assignments, delegating and/or responding to service requests, supervising the work of vendors, and building trusted relationships with residents.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of his/her community, will ensure that service requests and repairs are completed in a timely and quality manner, and will understand the importance of working alongside (and with) a team of maintenance techs in providing a professionally managed property.
This position requires the ability to move up to 50 pounds in varying distances, the physical agility and flexibility to use ladders and to access and work in confined spaces at heights of up to 9-12 ft. Also required is the ability to directly perform customary maintenance repairs without compromising oneself, residents or fellow employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Appliance Troubleshooting and Repair
- HVAC Troubleshooting and Repair
- Plumbing (Repair/Replacement)
- Electrical (Non-Licensed Repairs)
- Sheetrock (Remove/Patch/Replacement)
- General Carpentry
- Pool Care (CPO Certified)
- Employee Development
- Effective Communication
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide support to team members through both training and mentoring.
- Provide feedback to the Community Manager regarding team’s performance.
- Lead, direct, and manage maintenance team in its daily operations.
- Maintain company standards for cleanliness and overall appearance of the community’s grounds, its amenities, building exteriors/interiors, make ready units, hallways, curbs, exterior signage, leasing office, garbage enclosures, parking lots, and other common areas.
- Obtain bid pricing for property repairs and property improvements.
- Schedule and supervise contractors while at the community.
- Purchase supplies to maintain essential levels of inventory.
- Inform the Community Manager of any, and all, maintenance issues on the property.
- Complete maintenance tasks as scheduled in the preventative maintenance plan.
- Fill in for all maintenance personnel, as necessary (i.e., Housekeeper, Porter).
- In the event of emergency, or as otherwise needed, be available for weekend on call duties.
- Enter records of all completed maintenance requests into the work order system.
- Maintain all appropriate asset logs required by Broadway Management Company.
- Participate in company training classes, as required.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program that minimizes emergency repairs and service requests.
- Follow company’s safety programs, policies and procedures. Maintain the hazard communications program. Teach and foster safe work practices among the on-site staff.
- Participate in company training classes, as required (via in person, online or 3rd party).
- Assist in hiring, training and managing maintenance staff.
- Represent the professional image of the company via daily wear of its issued maintenance uniform apparel.
Lead Tech Equipment Use:
- The Lead Tech position shall require the individual to use a company provided vehicle to safely transport tools and supplies around the property.
- The Lead Tech position requires the individual to safely use common maintenance equipment including (but not limited to): hand tools, ladders, power washers, landscaping tools, and required safety equipment. All equipment must be used while fully maintaining the safety of residents, fellow employees and the individual.
- The position requires use of basic office equipment including computer, telephone, facsimile, and photocopier.