Regional Maintenance Director
We are looking for a Regional Maintenance Director (RMD) for our Fresno, CA regional office. Permanent residence in the Fresno, CA area preferred and/or willingness to relocate. This opportunity is Full Time salary@ $80k-$95k per year depending upon experience. This opportunity might require working occasional weekends and at different properties, travel is part of the job. This person will supervise maintenance and capital improvement projects for 25 plus apartment communities. The RMD will oversee capital improvements, general maintenance operations, and maintenance associate training.
WHY YOU ARE THE PERFECT FIT:
- You bring a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in maintenance with a demonstrated history of growth, increasing responsibility and promotion(s).
- You bring a minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing multiple locations.
- Preferred 3-5 years experience multi- family apartment properties.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Review resumes interview prospective maintenance service directors and make hiring recommendations for filling open positions at apartment communities.
- Consult with regional portfolio managers and community managers on performance reviews for community maintenance service associates.
- Monitor job performance of all community maintenance service associates.
- Supervise job performance of community maintenance service directors.
Education and Training:
- Participate in training community associates in ConAm policies, procedures, Standards of Excellence, core service values, community standards and job performance requirements.
- Participate in ConAm’s educational programs for maintenance associates and assist with the training of other community maintenance service associates.
- Identify company standards of upkeep, maintenance quality or skill levels that need to be improved.
- Develop/improve personal maintenance skill levels to benefit the apartment communities.
- Recommend additional training for maintenance service associates to benefit the apartment communities.
- Monitor the quality and quantity of the production of market ready apartments at each assigned apartment community.
- Monitor the upkeep, cleanliness and curb appeal of each assigned community to ensure that ConAm standards are maintained daily.
- Ensure that all smoke detectors are inspected semi-annually, and deficiencies corrected.
- Ensure that all AC filters are replaced quarterly.
- Monitor the timeliness, quantity and quality of maintenance service requests and their successful completion at assigned communities.
- Ensure that each apartment community in the portfolio conducts at least two inspections of all apartment interiors each calendar year.
- Supervise all capital improvement contracts and major projects at apartment communities in the portfolio.
- Monitor the cost and quality of landscape maintenance at each assigned community.
- Bid contracts for maintenance services, such as landscaping, pest control and pool service.
- Re-bid all vendor services annually.
- Assist in the preparation of an annual edition of the ConAm purchasing guide for the region and/or separate purchasing markets within the region.
- Monitor the ongoing delivery of goods and services by vendors who have been included in the ConAm purchasing guide.
- Communicate with and monitor vendors whose delivery of goods and services are not in conformance with their committed standards.
- Enforce safety regulations.
- Ensure consistent use of safety equipment by maintenance personnel, at assigned communities
- Ensure strict compliance with ConAm’s key control policy.
- Attend meetings and help maintain communications/relationships with fee clients and asset managers.
- Coordinate maintenance functions for community renovations or new management accounts.
- Assist in the performance of due diligence for prospective acquisitions.
- Participate in the preparation of annual budgets.